Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just got a 02 dyna FXDWG3

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:38 PM
jrpetrie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got a 02 dyna FXDWG3

It's got 27000 miles and runs good. I was wondering about if they had a key fob like my roadglide and what should I look out for

Old 05-05-2016, 07:40 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Check your cam chain tensioners. If they haven't been changed yet, they're probably due.

Shocks are getting a bit old. Might be worthwhile to change the front oil and/or seals and pay attention to how the rears are behaving.

I think by '02 the wheel bearings had changed to sealed *****. If not, check/clean/repack.

Neck bearings, too.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:53 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Welcome from Sacramento.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:26 PM
tcarson84
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I'm pretty sure they changed to sealed bearings in 00 not sure about key fob but kinda doubt it

Old 05-07-2016, 08:42 PM
hetkehog
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

yes they have a key fob. Its the old style with the center being a push button to activate it. I have the same exact bike. when you inspect your cam tension let me know how they look. the rear shocks are a bit spendy to replace. the are fox shocks with the harley bar and shield logo in them. awesome looking bike. also i did replace the fork oil in mine. i run 10 ounces per tube. thats with removing the tubes from the bike and letting them drain upside down

Old 05-16-2016, 08:59 PM
jrpetrie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hetkehog
yes they have a key fob. Its the old style with the center being a push button to activate it. I have the same exact bike. when you inspect your cam tension let me know how they look. the rear shocks are a bit spendy to replace. the are fox shocks with the harley bar and shield logo in them. awesome looking bike. also i did replace the fork oil in mine. i run 10 ounces per tube. thats with removing the tubes from the bike and letting them drain upside down
It's got gear drive, no chain , I'd post a picture but I don't know how, my friend said he bought it brand new and has never been in the motor

Old 05-16-2016, 09:02 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

He bought the bike new with gear drive cams?

Old 05-16-2016, 09:53 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Lol was thinking same thing not sure about that if he has never been in motor than most likely not. Hmm will do some research they most likely knew of the problem by then 02 but never heard anything about the cvo coming with gear drives, you do know we meant for cams not a chain as far as driving the rear wheel

Old 05-16-2016, 10:14 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Unless he put gear drive cams in it it did not come that way I really didn't even need to look it up but hey I learn new things everyday so I did and no it has old style tensioners so anyways they are beautiful bike but I would def check them also if your not changing cams at the same time I saw some guy on YouTube selling a tool to change the tensioners without removing cams from plate you should def buy it then let me borrow it he wanted 129 dollars for it I was gonna buy til he said that hell I can buy a harbor freight press for that much but it would be convenient thinking about trying to build one myself. By the way it's not the one from bed frames it is nicer than that. Anyone know anyone with extra camplate with cams and tensioners still in it I don't wanna have mine out long enough to try and build tool?

Old 05-17-2016, 05:50 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Quick Reply: I just got a 02 dyna FXDWG3