Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Identifying an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts
Default Identifying an exhaust

I was at the dealer getting some parts and end up talking to a guy waiting on an exhaust install. Well, he was actually doing all the talking. I got his never ending life story and eventually had to flee to the head to get away. Thankfully he didn't follow me in.

Anyway, I eventually saw him again as his street glide was brought out of the service bay. They started it up and oh man, what a sweet sound. Really low rumble, what I would call medium loud, but so not offendingly loud, I really, really liked it.

Problem is even though he was talking about it for what seemed like an eternity, I completely zoned out of the conversation so much that I can't remember the manufacturer.

I do remember specifically it had a black, nicely machined end cap. Probably 3-4" long, kinda like Rienharts, but for some reason I don't think it was made by them. Rienharts are smooth I think. This had machined grooves in it.

I know it's a stupid, random question, but any ideas what they might be?

Just to add, pretty sure it wasn't any of the mainstream brands, D&D, Bassani, V&H, etc.

Last edited by Mchad; 05-06-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:48 AM
CJD197
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Rienhart does have a version with the diamond machined grooves...I was just looking at it last week.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,540 Likes on 3,792 Posts

I was at the dealer getting some parts and end up talking to a guy waiting on an exhaust install. Well, he was actually doing all the talking. I got his never ending life story and eventually had to flee to the head to get away. Thankfully he didn't follow me in.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
That's funny, the EXACT same thing happend to me!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:56 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,532 Likes on 3,028 Posts

And then...

I thought Ripsaw was going to post a pic of his Streetglide with the new pipes with machine grooves that he just had installed at the dealer!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:57 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by CJD197
Rienhart does have a version with the diamond machined grooves...I was just looking at it last week.
Yeah, I just saw that. I don't "think" they were Rienharts, but I may be wrong. I'm hoping not though, as I don't think their 2:1 I'll work with my further forward mids on the Low Rider.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:00 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
And then...

I thought Ripsaw was going to post a pic of his Streetglide with the new pipes with machine grooves that he just had installed at the dealer!
Wouldn't that be funny? Though I don't think I said anything that bad... Some people just like to talk, and some people just can't listen (me). If anything it just shows I'm an intolerant *******. Which I certainly am

Old 05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
rydercheers
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Could it have been one of those Magnaflo Arlen Ness ones?

Old 05-06-2016, 11:43 AM
jkloeker
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

CFR's?

Old 05-06-2016, 11:46 AM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,167 Likes on 6,207 Posts

Originally Posted by rydercheers
Could it have been one of those Magnaflo Arlen Ness ones?
This is what the Magnaflow looks like. Probably not as long as what Mchad was describing.

Quick Reply: Identifying an exhaust