Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current Model Similair to Super Glide Custom?

Old 05-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Colt1911
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Model Similair to Super Glide Custom?

What current model is most similar to the Super Glide Custom that was discontinued?

I have been eyeing a few local Super Glide Custom bikes, but want to give it a long test ride before purchasing. The local Harely dealership only carries the current Dyna line up to test ride, which does not include the Super Glide Custom.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

The closest would either be the Low Rider or the Street Bob. Low rider has a little more chrome and somewhat different controls, as well as dual front brakes. Street Bob has taller bars and less chrome. The Street Bob would probably be closer in ride for testing purposes, same location of mid controls and same suspension.

Or you could just find a used Super Glide Custom.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Colt1911
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Reindeer
The closest would either be the Low Rider or the Street Bob. Low rider has a little more chrome and somewhat different controls, as well as dual front brakes. Street Bob has taller bars and less chrome. The Street Bob would probably be closer in ride for testing purposes, same location of mid controls and same suspension.

Or you could just find a used Super Glide Custom.
Thanks for the reply.

There are a few used bikes near me that I plan on checking out. However, I would like to ride the bike a few hours and at least 100 miles before purchasing.

I would rather pay the local HD dealer the money to rent a bike for the day versus buying a 10k bike, only to realize I don't like it.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:54 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

As far as seating position, controls and suspension the Street Bob would be the one to try out. Like previously noted, it has mini apes so the bars are a little higher.
Renting one for a day is probably money well spent, as is getting a used bike checked over by an expert tech.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:26 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Not all Harley Dealers will rent a bike.
If you try taking the bike for a 2 or 3 hour test ride, they might report it as stolen or at least balk at the suggestion, unless they know you very very well. 100 miles is an awful long test ride. You should know within a few miles whether the bike is a good fit for you.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:42 PM
dieter621
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Fxdc

Originally Posted by Colt1911
What current model is most similar to the Super Glide Custom that was discontinued?

I have been eyeing a few local Super Glide Custom bikes, but want to give it a long test ride before purchasing. The local Harely dealership only carries the current Dyna line up to test ride, which does not include the Super Glide Custom.

Any suggestions?
I have a 2011 FXDC and would recommend this bike! Power is exceptional and the ride is very smooth. I have seen some great buys on EBAY.
Dieter

Old 05-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Peter Black
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

the closest current model to the supergilde custom would be the street bob.
It has the same 29º rake and regular mid controls. The new lowrider & S models with their 30.5º of rake, lowered shocks and further forward mid controls don't have the same feel as the fxdc or fxdb.
The new lowrider will have slightly better straight line stability but takes a little more effort to initiate and maintain a tight turn due to the inceased rake.
To me the 29º dyna frames with standered mids feel and handle the best.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:44 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

test rider a street bob. buy a super glide custom. or just pimp out a street bob.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Colt1911
6th Gear

Test ride a Street Bob it is. Thanks guys.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:35 AM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I just did the same thing! Found a beautiful used 2011 super glide custom at a fair price with lots of extras. Didnt know if I would like the ride so went to a dealership and rode the street bob to get an idea. The super glide feels even better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Current Model Similair to Super Glide Custom?