Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bar question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 07:42 AM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default T-Bar question

Does anyone know what kind/size Tbars and speedometer setup Last Saint had on his bike? I have an 06 Super Glide that I would like to setup similar. I sent a few PMs to him but never got a response.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

Last Saint hasn't been on the forum in over 2 years, which is probably why you didn't get a response. Around the time he left the forum, he announced that he was retiring from motorcycles after his last build was complete. If you enter his user name in the search tool and find his profile page, you can probably find every thread and post he made regarding his bikes...he was fairly detailed with his build specs.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:54 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Search is your friend:

Originally Posted by last saint
This is for all of those that have asked me what all I used in this build. There's NO way I could list everything done and I still have more motor work to do in the future. I've been building this type of dynas for a few years now and this one is my personal favorite thus far (even though I'm biased because I built it for myself!) There's WAY too much money invested, but I tried to use only the best components. Everything was thought out. Most of these parts are available to everyone with the exception of only a few parts.
Dynas are the most well handling Harleys of the line up. Even so, they still need tweaking to make better. I'm NOT an expert by any means. But I've learned my way around Dynas fairly well. Most of this bike is ALL BUSINESS. However, there are components that are strictly asthetic. In all, this is far from a show bike. It was built strictly to be ridden and ridden hard.
The whole package is based on the Bay Area style. It isn't for many and I'm glad! I pray that the RUBS and yuppies NEVER buy into this style and make it "trendy!" Hopefully, it'll stay underground!
There are other bikes on this forum done in this style that I F'n LOVE! My hat's off to you guys...you've built some amazing dynas that kick major ***!
Anyways, here's the spec sheet for my bike and a few pics that most have seen a million times and the lil ol' shop it was built in. Now I've gotta get to work!!
D

SPEC SHEET:
general info
year/make/model:08 HD Dyna FXDB street bob
assembly: BAD MAGIK KUSTOMS/D CLARK
engine:twin cam 96 c.i. with Thundermax/autotune
builder: HD
cams: Woods TW6-6
air:Wimmer Velocity stack
exhaust: thunderheader
Transmission: stock HD 6 speed
Frame:HD
Suspension:
front: Works performance/ Screamin' Eagle fork brace/Storz steering dampener
rear: Progressive 11.5 440
Wheels/tires/brakes:
front: 21x2.15 HogPro/metzeler
rear:18x5.5 HogPro/metzeler 180mm
rotors:HogPro
calipers:HD
Paint: HD vivid black
Accessories:
tank: HD/fxstb emblems/HD flush mount caps
bars: 13" T bars by Wicked Cycle Worx
mirrors: Ness
gauges: Baron tach/HD speedo/HD oil pressure(rocker box mount)
grips: PM renthal
pegs: HD mids with WCC bear traps/hiway pegs with stock rubber pegs
turn signals: NONE!!
tail light: Kuryakyn smoke LED
Seat: C&C fastback
Fairing: HD nightrod
Build time: 3months...
Build cost: WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2016, 06:35 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tall Timber, appreciate it. I was actually referring to a different bike he built but the T-Bars pretty much look the same to me. I had done quite a bit of searching yesterday just to find the images of the bike I remembered seeing but I couldn't find the specs. I thought it was West Coast 14" T-bars he had but I wasn't sure. I see he has 13" T-bars on the bike you found.

I like the bars and the speedo/tach setup on the bike pictured. I have a 2006 Super Glide with the aircraft gas cap and the speedo mounted on the bars (which I hate). I want to go with some higher bars so I don't feel like I am leaning over when I ride.

Last edited by YellowHawk; 05-29-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

I think that's an Autometer tach up top and a standard H-D speedo below. Mounting an Autometer gauge may be a custom trial and error job...I'm not really familiar with them. The speedo should be able to be mounted as shown with an old style H-D speedo bracket for a Dyna or Sportster made to be attached to an OEM riser clamp. An Accutronix gauge bracket on the risers takes the place of the riser clamp if you're using t-bars.