Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat - C&C or Corbin

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 01:09 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,237 Likes on 1,255 Posts
Default New seat - C&C or Corbin

Greetings,

Considering a new seat and am between these 2 brands.

I currently own
* Stock FLD seat - too scrunched up riding position
* HD Tallboy - decent riding position, but it looks like ***
* Mustang Wide Touring w/ backrest - comfy seat, but not back far enough and DO NOT like how the backrest just clips in
* Corbin Classic Solo w/ backrest and pillion - The Corbin, I had purchased used and it's a little beat up. I find it a smidge too narrow and a smidge too hard, but liveable. My biggest gripe is where my thigh sits on the corner from the top of the seat to the side. I get a hot spot there after 3 hours or so in the saddle. Not sure if Corbin could make me a seat dimensionally a little different to rectify these complaints. Otherwise, the Corbin seems like a quality seat and I LOVE the fact that it locks to the bike and the backrest locks to the underside of the seat. I've called Corbin to see if they reshape and recover the seat for me. For how much it would cost, I'd rather get a new seat made in the colors/fabrics/shape I want.

I have no experience with the C&C, but I get the impression through threads I've read and pics I've seen that dimensionally, the seats (C&C and Corbin) are pretty close. I'd like to know more about the backrest on the C&C mounts to the bike and if there is adjustment (and what kind). Is there an option to make the C&C lockable to the bike? There seems to be a lot about these 2 makes of seats that seem comparable. I haven't come across is, but is there anywhere on the C&C site that shows measurements on their seats? Specifically looking for rider width.

Ultimately.......

Which seat would you get...C&C Square Back / Sport Tour or Corbin Classic Solo......and why?

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2016, 06:03 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Don't forget the danny gray solo. Comfy without the bulky raised look. High quality also.

I've literally read reviews on all solo seats and made a lot of phone calls and emaila.

Corbin : **** customer service. I recommend you staying away.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:27 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

C&C doesn't really have a lot of information on their website. You really need to call them and ask them your questions. I just got a Dyna fastback and it's a great seat. Their customer service was far better than my experience with Corbin.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:51 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I have had the Mustang solo wide with backrest. Most comfy seat for me, but never like the looks. Now ride the C&C Fastback. Sits lower and a bit further back, and the upsweep of the back of it is pretty good in keeping you in the seat.

Both C&C and Mustang back rests are removable, no locking mechanism. Mustang is better cause it has a screw that allows adjustment plus can be folded forward if you cant swing your leg over it while C&C is only in one position - straight up.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:16 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I've had both and currently have C & C. If customer service matters to you then go with C&C. If you are willing to gamble then consider Corbin.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

Call Chuck & Chuy at C&C. You will not be disappointed. Great seat & great folks to do business with. And, you can get a custom C&C for the cost of an off the shelf Corbin or Le Pera.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:34 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

I've had several Corbin seats. I currently have a Dual tour and a Classic Solo. I got the DT used and it use to be my long distance seat. Did 880 miles in 1 day on it going to Sturgis and 770 miles coming home on it. But lately it has started hurting the bottom of my thighs and I only get a couple hundred miles before I get the burn there. Kinda like you. I've switched to a HD Hammock seat as my long distance seat now.
I ordered the Classic solo new and I still get the burn under the thighs so its not a real long distance seat either. But I got 20% off thru a online dealer and it looks really nice.
I had a Corbin butt, but now it seemed to have changed. I want to try a C&C sometime. I talked to them and they seem really nice.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (10-30-2016)