Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1475 P1477 codes on American bike Exhaust Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 06:56 AM
TxFxL
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P1475 P1477 codes on American bike Exhaust Actuator

Sorry in advance for the novel

Owned and worked on a sportster for years, just got a used 2010 Dyna FXD, new to this forum, thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some advice.
This one really has me stumped.
Bike had been worked on by previous owner to mixed results. Throwing code B1154, had the wrong clutch lever, wasn't hitting the switch in the housing, replaced with a lever that does engage it, cleared code, but it came back on, going to take apart the controls and check internal wiring through bars, assuming its a nicked wire in there. I have a service manual coming but don't currently have it, does anyone know the wire colors for the clutch switch?

Now onto the real problem. Previous owner washed the bike the day i was going to pick it up (thought he was doing me a favor) he got the fuse box wet so fuses had to be replaced but got the bike started and its running fine, anyhow i wonder if the water is related to this exhaust actuator issue.
The international Dynas (this isn't one, vin verified) are equipped with an exhaust actuator, to my limited knowledge on the subject, this opens and closes a butterfly valve in the exhaust to help with noise ordinances. my bike is not equipped with an exhaust actuator so the fact that its throwing 2 codes:
P1475 Exhaust Actuation Position Error
P1477 Exhaust Actuator Open/Low
is very strange. I'm pretty sure i located the pigtail that the actuator servo would be hooked up to if it was installed.
again if someone could verify the wire pin out to the 5 pin (4 used) plug i would appreciate it.
I know companies overseas make a plug to outsmart this code like this one

http://www.bigjoechoppers.com.au/eliminators.html

assuming it just jumps between pins to fool the bikes computer. does anyone know which pins i should jump to replicate the effect of that code eliminator? I'll order one and have a nice weatherproof fix for this but i'd like to verify it'll work before i order one.
Any and all advice on this odd situation would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by TxFxL; 06-24-2016 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typos
Old 06-24-2016, 05:35 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Sorry, I can't remember the colors on the clutch switch but instead of looking for a workaround first try and clear the codes for the EU exhaust actuator. There should be a cover on the EU exhaust actuator plug under the seat but if you get heavy handed with spraying water, which clearly sounds like what's happened to you if you were forced to replace fuses, water intrusion could have created the reason for the bike throwing the codes. Clear the codes and ride the bike and get it hot; hopefully, those 2 exhaust actuator codes don't return. But you are right, the previous owner didn't do you any favors trying to drown the bike

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 06-25-2016 at 07:51 AM. Reason: ...always one typo... doh