Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat recommendations for a big rear?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 01:16 PM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seat recommendations for a big rear?!

I have a 2015 street Bob and I'm thinking about buying a new seat. I have a Harley gift card so I'm not trying to go much over $300-$350. I'm a big guy with mids so I don't want to be pushed forward at all but I like seats with a lip. And recommendations on a seat for a big rear?

Old 06-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm tall and big and had good results from both the mustang wide tripper and also the HD sidekick 2-up.

I've done many 1000km days on the mustang.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:32 PM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
I'm tall and big and had good results from both the mustang wide tripper and also the HD sidekick 2-up.

I've done many 1000km days on the mustang.

Is that the mustang in the picture? Beautiful bike btw.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (06-27-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 09:14 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Don't go with the sundowner from Harley. That will put you more forward which you stated you don't want with your mids.

I'm assuming it has to be a harley product cause you got a gift card? Try the brawler if you looking for looks and day to day comfort. It won't push you forward like some of the more cushy seats.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:20 PM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
Don't go with the sundowner from Harley. That will put you more forward which you stated you don't want with your mids.

I'm assuming it has to be a harley product cause you got a gift card? Try the brawler if you looking for looks and day to day comfort. It won't push you forward like some of the more cushy seats.
Doesn't have to be Harley. They just have to sell it. I think they can actually order about anything.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Big butt guy here, 6 ft tall. '15 street bob. I've got more money in seats than I'd care to recount. Saddlemen Explorer seat was too small for my ***. Traded it to a guy for a solo mustang seat that I've yet to use (had one for my road glide and like it). Sick Saddles seat is super comfy and soft. Puts you a little lower and further back. I'm now in love with my C&C Squareback with back rest. Its no good for a passenger, get the sport tour if you want to go that route. Its a firmer seat, sits me higher than the sick saddles. The backrest is awesome, doesnt push me forward and prevents me from slouching. Oh, yeah, tried the sundwner too, hated it. Lady likes it. Actually trying to sell it though so I can get a Pillion for the mustang when I ride 2 up.

Last edited by Fireguy88; 06-26-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:51 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 3L3C7R0
Is that the mustang in the picture? Beautiful bike btw.
Yes that is the Mustang Wide Tripper with Diamond Stitching.

Thanks!

Old 06-27-2016, 11:18 AM
NightsterDav
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Mustang vintage wide solo, does move you back a little, and up due to padding. Can go all day on that one, make sure it's the wide.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:45 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireguy88
Big butt guy here, 6 ft tall. '15 street bob. I've got more money in seats than I'd care to recount. Saddlemen Explorer seat was too small for my ***. Traded it to a guy for a solo mustang seat that I've yet to use (had one for my road glide and like it). Sick Saddles seat is super comfy and soft. Puts you a little lower and further back. I'm now in love with my C&C Squareback with back rest. Its no good for a passenger, get the sport tour if you want to go that route. Its a firmer seat, sits me higher than the sick saddles. The backrest is awesome, doesnt push me forward and prevents me from slouching. Oh, yeah, tried the sundwner too, hated it. Lady likes it. Actually trying to sell it though so I can get a Pillion for the mustang when I ride 2 up.
I agree, I have a Saddleman Gel solo with added pillon. It's very comfortable but narrow . I'm not big so it works for now. Too much $ invested to dump it.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:33 AM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser

Thanks guys. I decided on the mustang vintage wide solo. I'll post pics after I get it and review.

Quick Reply: Seat recommendations for a big rear?!