Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride it like you stole it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonk
I think his lines were better than about 95% of the Harley riders I've been around. I think his inability to get set up to the outside is just a testament to how hard it is to transition these bikes (left to right).

Not sure that I feel he had an early entry as much as he couldn't get outside and I feel that on these bikes on a long turn it's usually easier to to just turn in and ride a "long" apex than try to square it off.

He's proof that these bikes can be fun but I don't think I could do more than just a couple of corners before I got real uncomfortable and backed way down. Still even without going to his extremes these bikes can be hustled nicely down a road.

Chonk

I just watched it again and I think you could very well be right. The biggest problem I run in to is the left/right transition on the tighter curved roads around here so I'll back off on my speed a bit to let me get set up; I'm always after the corner entry and throttle roll-on but if I carry too much speed I'll sometimes use the bars for support to position my body which is a big no-no. On the roads with larger sweepers you can carry some nice reckless driving ticket level speeds

All part of the compromises and sacrifices to ride a Wide Glide... I still say it's more fun than my R1 was

Old 06-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
Why all the hate?

That dude has mad skills, and is riding that Harley at maybe a slow-medium pace on a sport bike. Look at the chase bike. Not even working hard. He is in the correct lane position, maximizes cornering speed, and obviously has great throttle control.

I give the guy props. I've had a few sport bike guys laugh at me hangin off my Street Glide, but they didn't lose me as long as the straights weren't too long. You can hustle these bikes along pretty good, it just takes some work. And scraping hard parts lol.
That guy didn't have great lines. He's lucky he isn't a hood ornament.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:21 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

He's defiantly got some brass! His primary and pipe are VERY nicely polished from the concrete after that run. He needs to jack up his bike higher or get a sport bike if he's into that kinda thing.

Impressive and I've done some crazy sh$t, but would never do that on my bike!

Old 06-29-2016, 12:44 PM
KingTye
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hes enjoying himself with HIS property. no one died or was hurt. whats the big deal...

Old 06-29-2016, 01:05 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,274 Likes on 11,144 Posts

Well, these two rode it like they stole it...oh yeah and they did steal it. And look how that worked out!

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...freeway-crash/

Last edited by TriGeezer; 06-29-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Well, these two rode it like they stole it...oh yeah and they did steal it. And look how that worked out!

Oh man and the guy was riding bitch too!

Old 06-29-2016, 02:06 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
That guy didn't have great lines. He's lucky he isn't a hood ornament.
Not sure what you mean. Not once did he cross the center line and only a couple of times did his mirrors end up above the center line. At no point would he have been a "hood ornament".

Old 06-29-2016, 03:09 PM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

How is it (Honda) even relevant? 80-100 not even that fast

Originally Posted by TriGeezer

Old 06-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Can see this all day long on the Angeles Crest Hwy in southern CA. You can even read about the ones that died. He's lucky he didn't eat someone's trailer hitch.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:42 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 586 Likes on 333 Posts

i find the knee-dragging excessive, but hell, why not do it. life's too short to go slow...

Quick Reply: Ride it like you stole it.