Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle II baffle

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Archex
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle II baffle

How do I access the baffle in the SE II slip on? I removed the chrome tips using the Torx security bit and it seems like a dead end from there.

How do I gain access to the interior? I want to remove some of the insulation wrap and beef the sound up a bit.

I just bought these slip ones so suggesting other slip ons is not the answer I am looking for

Thanks guys

Old 07-05-2016, 06:10 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Se II tips? you sure thats right? if they are se IIs they are about a decade old. is that true? or do you have dealer current se pipes?

If you pull the baffles from a real deal pair of se IIs they will be loud. I dont think you want that. If they are real se IIs there should be bolts on the bottom holding in the baffles. Pull the pipes and bang the baffles out via the header side hole with a long pipe or something like that.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Archex
Intermediate

I was wrong ....this is what I have. .....
Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Staggered Dual Mufflers-
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-dual-mufflers

Old 07-05-2016, 06:38 PM
The instigator
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I did mine I had a steel pipe 30" long and inserted into the side where it attaches to the head pipe. Then flipped it over and smacked it on the concrete floor a few times. You don't need to smack the hell out of it, just medium smacks and it will pop out.
When you put it back in make sure the end of the baffle lines up to slip over the lip inside.
(Hard to explain without pictures, but once you have it out, you will see what I mean.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Archex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The instigator
When I did mine I had a steel pipe 30" long and inserted into the side where it attaches to the head pipe. Then flipped it over and smacked it on the concrete floor a few times. You don't need to smack the hell out of it, just medium smacks and it will pop out.
When you put it back in make sure the end of the baffle lines up to slip over the lip inside.
(Hard to explain without pictures, but once you have it out, you will see what I mean.
Did you remove the insulation? Did that make a difference!

Old 07-06-2016, 09:17 AM
The instigator
Cruiser

I did remove all the insulation. Sounds was better, but wasn't what I wanted, so I wound up cutting out the cat from the head pipe and that coupled with the insulation removed makes a perfect note for me. (For now anyway)

Old 07-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Archex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The instigator
Then flipped it over and smacked it on the concrete floor a few times. You don't need to smack the hell out of it, just medium smacks and it will pop out.
I just want to be clear. If I bang this bitch and pop the baffle out of the fat end, this goes back in easy enough? No broken welds and I don't need 2 full rolls of duct tape and crazy glue to put it back together?

I so don't want to **** up my newly purchased slip ons.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you - I got a 15 FXDB with the SE slip ons w/ the cat in them. I'm not even sure there is fiberglass packing in them because I cannot find any info or pics confirming what the internals look like.
I can find lots of info on how to do this with STOCK pipes but not these slip ons...unless I'm the one confused

I think the instigators mod is slightly different than what I have - he mentions the cat in the head pipe - my cats are in the slip on's themselves.

Last edited by apblingAEW; 07-06-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:04 PM
The instigator
Cruiser

No, you will not screw them up by doing this. It's really easy and you will laugh when it's all put back together.
I did mine and the slipons were 15 minutes old, so I totally get the concerns as I had them as well.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Peter Chadwell
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It must be a hell of a lot easier when they are brand new then because I did not have the same experience as the rest of yall. I have those same slip ons on my bike for a year and when I decided to remove the baffles the first problem that I ran into was that every torx screw on the slip ons snapped and I had to drill them out. Secondly, I had to get a steel pipe and insert it in the small end and pound the hell out of it on the concrete before they finally came out. And reinstalling them was almost just as hard. Just my experience, maybe yours will be better.

Last edited by Peter Chadwell; 07-06-2016 at 06:58 PM.