Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider S - exhaust recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 PM
fruchtman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Rider S - exhaust recommendations?

Hi All-

I just picked up my Low Rider S and boy is this bike sweeeettttttt. I want to swap out the exhaust and I am looking for some suggestions. Right now I am leaning toward the Vance & Hines Big Shots but wanted to hear from the peanut gallery. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks all!

Old 07-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Big Shots are very popular, so I'm sure you've seen/heard them on other Dynas. If you like them, there's no reason not to get 'em. Anything will flow better than stock, so go with what you like the look/sound of.
Also, while there are differing opinions on this, I think you need a tuner to get the most out of a free-flowing intake and exhaust. These bikes are tuned so lean as it is, you'd probably notice a difference in a re-tuned stock bike.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

You may want to check the V&H site. I'm not sure they are listed for the FXDLS. The selection is slim. I'm picking one up next week and not finding much listed to fit it. According to the V&H site, you can't even get slip on mufflers in black for that model

Old 07-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Performance wise, you will get more out of a 2-1 system. My Bassani has treated me well over the past year, and I have no complaints. If I were to do it over again, I'd probably order up a SPF (steve's precision fabrication) 2-1 stainless pipe. Sawicki Speed Shop is up there as well. Wait times on the cut and weld version is kind of hefty... Like months. The mandrel bent option is apparently a couple days turnaround time.

http://stevesprecision.com
http://www.sawickispeedshop.com

Old 07-08-2016, 06:37 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a Bassani RR3 on mine. I think the stainless looks great against the black. I do have to caution you as it is a LOUD system.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Crispy Nubbins
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
You may want to check the V&H site. I'm not sure they are listed for the FXDLS. The selection is slim. I'm picking one up next week and not finding much listed to fit it. According to the V&H site, you can't even get slip on mufflers in black for that model
You sure about that? They make several pipes for the FXDLS. I've been looking at several. They even have a slip on that looks similar to the stock slip ons. I really like their 2-1 upsweep they just came out with.

2 Brothers has a nice 2-1 in stainless & black. Buddy at the dealership ordered the stainless for his. We're thinking it will look good once it starts to turn color.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:44 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Try to the 2 into 1 short hi output new for this year! We need a review!

Old 07-08-2016, 08:06 PM
lowboy72
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a two brothers 2 into 1 and just made a video of my initially rich soon to be tuned exhaust shooting flames:

Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I've been researching exhausts for the FXDLS several hours now. When you read catalogs such as JP, it looks like several are available but if you directly search V&H site for black systems, they are slim pickins.I will probably go with the ProPipe. Have had several and gotta be the best bang for the buck out there plus very easy to tune using the FP3. Short systems are more difficult to tune, particularly for decel pop.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:17 PM
blackfriar
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I like the look and sound of these Cobra slip ons.

Quick Reply: Low Rider S - exhaust recommendations?