Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Full Fender

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
Yerp... All in one, with the top window, I guess.

Thanks for the offer of help... It looks straight forward, but I'll defiantly drop you a PM if I hit any bumps. Did you have your sigs / brake lights reprogramed after?
Pretty sure you have to.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:39 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,527 Likes on 3,026 Posts

I didn't have any reprogramming done, FWIW

Old 07-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
I didn't have any reprogramming done, FWIW
Really? I read that if you don't, the sigs light then the brake is on, and the brake lights when the sigs are on. Guess I misread or am mistaken. Apologies for the incorrect information!

Old 07-15-2016, 07:54 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
Really? I read that if you don't, the sigs light then the brake is on, and the brake lights when the sigs are on. Guess I misread or am mistaken. Apologies for the incorrect information!
I read the same. I bought a complete tail harness for the new taillight, and it plugged right in. The circuit board in the HD light assy had the turn circuits, and I just pinned the wired on the Arlen Ness turns, and plugged them in. The caveat is that I do have dual element turns, that do light with the brakes but the sigs interrupt and the tail/stop work perfect

Old 07-15-2016, 07:55 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
I read the same. I bought the complete rear tail harness, and plugged it into the HD tail. The circuit board in the tail had the pins for the turns. I used Arlen Ness LED dual element turns, and just pinned them to the board. The caveat is that they do in fact light on stop signal, but interrupt just like stock and work fine. So, you are correct, the turns do still get the stop signal. I am fine with having 3 bright *** LED stops

Old 07-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
I read the same. I bought the complete rear tail harness, and plugged it into the HD tail. The circuit board in the tail had the pins for the turns. I used Arlen Ness LED dual element turns, and just pinned them to the board. The caveat is that they do in fact light on stop signal, but interrupt just like stock and work fine. So, you are correct, the turns do still get the stop signal. I am fine with having 3 bright *** LED stops
I actually bought an add on from HD to do exactly that on my old low rider - illuminate the sigs on brake. You get it for free!

If it all works, then it's all good!

Nice to know in case I ever go the full fender route. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

I ordered the harness that connects under the seat, and eliminates the three connector harness that runs back to the car of the fender. From what I have read, the Custom Dynamics integrated tail light comes with Y connectors so you can connect auxiliary sigs if you want. I may go with a set of strut mount Alloy Art turns at some point for increased visibility.

Either way, I hear it's like a five minute process t have the sigs / brake light reprogrammed.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:28 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I did the custom dynamics tail light. YES, I had to have the BCM reprogrammed. Before the reprogram both signals would like up when the brake was activated. Activating a turn signal did not affect the brake light. No, it did not take them long. And yes, the CD makes it easy if you want to add more lights. Which I may do at some point also.

The following users liked this post:
Maxxsmart (07-29-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 07:05 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Well, I figured I'd add an update, just in case someone else runs into the question of which part number to order. I ordered the 59500255DH vivid black fender from Boardtracker. I ended up calling them, and asked what the P/S in the 59634-06BHY description was. A little pause, then the voice said with a hint of question in their voice "pin stripe". Honestly, a pin stripe does't add up to me, but whatever. I actually think its for the plate mount hardware. So after just 5 business days, they ended up shipping my fender... Nice!

So yeah, the 59500255DH is just a simple naked, vivd black FXDL fender, with nothing more than the routing, bolt, taillight, and plate mount holes.

HDConvert511, I am curious, did tour fender come with the vertical FXDL style plate mount?

59634-06BHY
RF,FXDLI, VIVID BLACK W P/S $443 at Surdyke

and this one

59500255DH
FXDL RF VIV BLK - $408 at Surdyke

The following users liked this post:
Shaved Ice (04-01-2017)
Old 07-29-2016, 09:41 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member

It came with no mount.

I bought the chrome HD layback mount, with chrome TS bar. Didn't dig it so I went with the GBG black layback. I need to sell the HD chrome one.

Quick Reply: Rear Full Fender