Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Full Fender

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Really? I read that if you don't, the sigs light then the brake is on, and the brake lights when the sigs are on. Guess I misread or am mistaken. Apologies for the incorrect information!
I have not had mine reprogrammed yet, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Everything works, but the outer amber signal LEDs light up when you pull the brake. If you hit a signal, and pull the break, the signal will flash, but the side not indicating will light up with the brake light. Really, not a big deal. The f-ing dealer wants to charge the the 30 minute minimum to flash the bike... $55!

Old 07-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for posting the part number. I couldn't find it.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:06 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,532 Likes on 3,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
I have not had mine reprogrammed yet, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Everything works, but the outer amber signal LEDs light up when you pull the brake. If you hit a signal, and pull the break, the signal will flash, but the side not indicating will light up with the brake light. Really, not a big deal. The f-ing dealer wants to charge the the 30 minute minimum to flash the bike... $55!
With the red turns, it works great. I am leaving mine this way.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:06 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm looking at doing this in a few months. What exactly are you asking your dealer to do when you take it in? I have a 2015 Street Bob, so do I just ask them to flash my bike with a 2015 Low Rider map using their digital tech tool and then reflash my power vision map back in to keep my engine running right? Or is there a special procedure for flashing the bcm?

Old 07-31-2016, 09:33 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master

If you want it to work as designed, you will need the dealer to change the BCM signal program to the FXDL setup. The ECM map stays the same. Just tell them you need your run/brake/ turns to work like a low rider.

I was really thinking I needed to get this done, but I think there's no need to go out of my way to get to the dealer. Maybe if I am there for something else.

The following users liked this post:
dlporter (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dlporter
I'm looking at doing this in a few months. What exactly are you asking your dealer to do when you take it in? I have a 2015 Street Bob, so do I just ask them to flash my bike with a 2015 Low Rider map using their digital tech tool and then reflash my power vision map back in to keep my engine running right? Or is there a special procedure for flashing the bcm?

I really didn't have to specify. I said I was going to a one light unit with built in turn signals and needed the bcm flashed. They acted like it was no big deal and had done it plenty of times before. When they gave the bike back to me they double checked with me to make sure it was doing what I wanted it to do. Like Maxx says it really isnt that big of a deal. If you're there for other reasons you might as well have them do it.

The following users liked this post:
dlporter (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. After my interaction last week with the service writer and tech at my local dealer, I may ride a little farther to have this done.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:56 AM
ecervantes82
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Maxxsmart, so the fender does come with a tail light or just the mounting bracket for the light?....I'm about to pull the trigger just didn't know what else I needed to complete the conversion for my 2016 fxdb. Thank you in advance.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:18 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ecervantes82
Hey Maxxsmart, so the fender does come with a tail light or just the mounting bracket for the light?....I'm about to pull the trigger just didn't know what else I needed to complete the conversion for my 2016 fxdb. Thank you in advance.
I doubt it comes with a tail light. What part number are you looking at?

Old 08-26-2016, 01:18 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master

Just the fender. You need to order the screws, base, and screw clip on their own. I ordered a custom dynamics integrated light.

Quick Reply: Rear Full Fender