Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First to put T-Bars on a Lowder S?

Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I think the OP received the standard bars, not the FXDLS. . .

So what length cables did you run? I'm piecing together 14" Illusion Motorcycle Tbars (also drop to 12" at grips, same width) for my FXDL and a little stumped at the lengths. I'm thinking +4 on the clutch and +6 on the throttle cables and upper brake line. Lots of info on this board but no specifics. A little help is appreciated.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:18 PM
slimatsea
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

So by switching to cable did you lose your cruise control?

Old 08-06-2016, 12:27 PM
jacobhorn
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default DK Risers

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam
So, let me just say that thIs project was a serious pain in the @$$!

I have had my FXDLS for about a month and had to do something about those bars. The 3" DK customs riser extensions made things a little better but, still didn't do it for me.

I ordered some 14" slingshot West Coast T-Bars in hopes it would be an easy installation but it wasn't. First off, the website says that the bars are suitable for FBWT... mine were not and there was no option to get the bars notched for FBWT on the webiste. An oversight on my part but still, if your webiste says they are compatible, it should be IMHO.

Next thing is since nobody makes an aftermarket cable kit for this bike, I had to piece it together. Not only did it get expensive but it ended up being a complete custom job.

I had to buy an extended clutch cable and a COMPLETELY NEW brake line system with Junction for ABS. That's set me back over $450 for all the lines alone.

Now for the fun part. Since the previously mentioned WCTB Slingshots were not compatible, My friend ended up cutting the notched sleeve from the stock bars and welded that to the T-Bars. Like I said, a complete custom job. Here are some pics of the finished product.

Sorry for the vague details and lack of pictures but it was a frustrating day yesterday.

I think it's safe to say I am the only person with WCTB on a FXDLS.

Looks great!!
Did the DK 3" risers fit with stock lines? I'm considering trying them, but not sure if they require any line extensions to fit.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

New to this forum but I like your bike I will figure out how to post pics but I have a dyna s and I out lucky daves 13 bars on my bike about two months ago and they do make a cable kit for our bikes magnum shielding has them I in any length you want with brake and clutch lines I got mine in black pearl. I like your bike on mine I have lucky daves 13" lucky 13 bars and the lucky Dave tuck and roll seat, chain drive set up, bung king front and rear crash bars (I am learning to wheelie) works 13.5" rear shocks, works cartridge front suspension, bassani b2 2/1 black, TTS tune, I have a set of heads at WFO now being worked for the 117" I am going to build and a few other things on it. I absolutely love the dyna s I had a customer bring one in for a service and forward controls and I went and bought one the next day. I have been neglecting my road glide since I got this dyna. I put forward on it the took them off because it's more comfortable with the mids and I am 6'5" tall and 290lbs but like the mids better. Anyway you have a sweet bike and keep up the good work on it.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

I put a couple pictures in my photo album but can not figure out how to put them in this post if interested take a look.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam
So, let me just say that thIs project was a serious pain in the @$$!

I have had my FXDLS for about a month and had to do something about those bars. The 3" DK customs riser extensions made things a little better but, still didn't do it for me.

I ordered some 14" slingshot West Coast T-Bars in hopes it would be an easy installation but it wasn't. First off, the website says that the bars are suitable for FBWT... mine were not and there was no option to get the bars notched for FBWT on the webiste. An oversight on my part but still, if your webiste says they are compatible, it should be IMHO.

Next thing is since nobody makes an aftermarket cable kit for this bike, I had to piece it together. Not only did it get expensive but it ended up being a complete custom job.

I had to buy an extended clutch cable and a COMPLETELY NEW brake line system with Junction for ABS. That's set me back over $450 for all the lines alone.

Now for the fun part. Since the previously mentioned WCTB Slingshots were not compatible, My friend ended up cutting the notched sleeve from the stock bars and welded that to the T-Bars. Like I said, a complete custom job. Here are some pics of the finished product.

Sorry for the vague details and lack of pictures but it was a frustrating day yesterday.

I think it's safe to say I am the only person with WCTB on a FXDLS.

BIKE LOOKS GREAT DUDE! Im thinking the eact thing for a fairing swap this winter to the fxrt fairing. Sorry to hear about the ClusterF that went with your fly by wires. and the cost of lines/cables.

Im in the process of installing 14" tbars on my fxdls as well. After finding a few peeps with em, I found out you can use FXDF (fatbob) clutch/brake lines on these. i think the drag specialties full front brake kit was $120.

I do have a question though. On yours, did you have any issues bleeding the brakes with the ABS? if anything, ya mind sharing a couple quicktips?

Attached Thumbnails First to put T-Bars on a Lowder S?-rear.jpg  

Last edited by dyna-petey; 08-09-2016 at 07:32 AM. Reason: uploading a pic
Old 08-12-2016, 10:16 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jacobhorn
Looks great!!
Did the DK 3" risers fit with stock lines? I'm considering trying them, but not sure if they require any line extensions to fit.
Hey man. I had them on my FXDLS and this is about the max rise you can get without changing your cable and brake lines. The only thing I had to do was reroute the clutch cable a little. Look where the adjuster is along the front of the frame. Take those 2 black rings off and reroute your clutch cable so that it is on the front side of the frame tube. put those 2 black rings back on to hold it against the frame and youre golden

Old 08-12-2016, 10:19 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jake911
I think the OP received the standard bars, not the FXDLS. . .

So what length cables did you run? I'm piecing together 14" Illusion Motorcycle Tbars (also drop to 12" at grips, same width) for my FXDL and a little stumped at the lengths. I'm thinking +4 on the clutch and +6 on the throttle cables and upper brake line. Lots of info on this board but no specifics. A little help is appreciated.
Hey Jake, Im installing my 14" tbars now and waiting for my brake lines. I used +10 due to another owner i talked to who ran +8 on his 12" bars and suggested it. Got the clutch on last night and noticed I could have made due with +8". instead of using the $300 brake lines from magnum, that same owner told me he ran drag specialties' brake line kit for a late model FXDF (fatbob) in +10". I should get them tonight and installed. only ran me $120

Old 08-16-2016, 01:08 AM
sn95bullitt
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

There's a bozzefighter out of woodland California with wctb and a fxr style fairing on a fxdls.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:34 PM
mattsw21
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna-petey
Hey Jake, Im installing my 14" tbars now and waiting for my brake lines. I used +10 due to another owner i talked to who ran +8 on his 12" bars and suggested it. Got the clutch on last night and noticed I could have made due with +8". instead of using the $300 brake lines from magnum, that same owner told me he ran drag specialties' brake line kit for a late model FXDF (fatbob) in +10". I should get them tonight and installed. only ran me $120
You got a link to this kit??? Looking for it for my 16' FXDLS and NOT trying to spend hundreds with magnum shielding. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First to put T-Bars on a Lowder S?