Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First to put T-Bars on a Lowder S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 04:44 PM
Uncle Sam
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default First to put T-Bars on a Lowrider S?

So, let me just say that thIs project was a serious pain in the @$$!

I have had my FXDLS for about a month and had to do something about those bars. The 3" DK customs riser extensions made things a little better but, still didn't do it for me.

I ordered some 14" slingshot West Coast T-Bars in hopes it would be an easy installation but it wasn't. First off, the website says that the bars are suitable for FBWT... mine were not and there was no option to get the bars notched for FBWT on the webiste. An oversight on my part but still, if your webiste says they are compatible, it should be IMHO.

Next thing is since nobody makes an aftermarket cable kit for this bike, I had to piece it together. Not only did it get expensive but it ended up being a complete custom job.

I had to buy an extended clutch cable and a COMPLETELY NEW brake line system with Junction for ABS. That's set me back over $450 for all the lines alone.

Now for the fun part. Since the previously mentioned WCTB Slingshots were not compatible, My friend ended up cutting the notched sleeve from the stock bars and welded that to the T-Bars. Like I said, a complete custom job. Here are some pics of the finished product.

Sorry for the vague details and lack of pictures but it was a frustrating day yesterday.

I think it's safe to say I am the only person with WCTB on a FXDLS.

Last edited by Uncle Sam; 07-17-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

That`ll teach ya to go out and buy a brand new model!!

The following users liked this post:
AussieTX (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

IMOP, it was worth it. That looks proper right there. But, I can say it's worth it, because I didn't suffer the aggravation. I am very surprised that these are not TBW ready. Now that I think about it, the DLs is the only bike that's TBW with the direct bolt on style for mid-glide trees. They make bagger bars that are TBW, so maybe that's what you may have read?

Old 07-17-2016, 09:49 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

That looks really good. I apologize for hijacking, but what fender/turn signal/license plate setup are you running with those saddle bags?

Old 07-17-2016, 09:55 PM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Sweet! Are you planning on changing out to a different fairing?

Old 07-17-2016, 10:13 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks great!!

Old 07-17-2016, 10:20 PM
Uncle Sam
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
IMOP, it was worth it. That looks proper right there. But, I can say it's worth it, because I didn't suffer the aggravation. I am very surprised that these are not TBW ready. Now that I think about it, the DLs is the only bike that's TBW with the direct bolt on style for mid-glide trees. They make bagger bars that are TBW, so maybe that's what you may have read?
Good question. They sell bars for most mid glides and some baggers but I wasn't sure if the bagger bars would work with this bike because of the width on the trees? Like I said, it was a complete oversight on my part but if you look at the website and select Slingshots that aren't for a bagger it says they are compatible on there.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:24 PM
Uncle Sam
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dlporter
That looks really good. I apologize for hijacking, but what fender/turn signal/license plate setup are you running with those saddle bags?
I used a GBG license relocate kit, that was fun too. Bought the one for the Street Bob/LRS but it still had a chrome elbow instead of a black one for the LS turn signal. Glad I had a Chrome one to match it from my other bike...

Old 07-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Uncle Sam
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AussieTX
Sweet! Are you planning on changing out to a different fairing?
I really want the BBC fairing kit with lowers, but that's not in the budget right now. The little cafe will work until I can afford an alternative.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:30 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by JCleary; 07-17-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Quick Reply: First to put T-Bars on a Lowder S?