Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest cam without pushrods and lifters etc

Old 07-19-2016, 07:36 AM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Biggest cam without pushrods and lifters etc

Trying to figure out the best route to go installing a cam this winter, but due to a new munchkin I can't afford to do a full on build. So my question is what is the largest cam I can install without having to replace more internals?

I hear the TMan 555 Torqster is pretty sweet what else is there that would out perform the Torqster?

It will be going in a '13 FLD 103 6 speed with a heavy breather and a full exhaust 2-1

Thanks guys

Old 07-19-2016, 07:58 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i dont know the answer about the largest cam, but i do know this, if all your doing is cams, you should get a set of adjustable pushrods too, this will save you alot of headache

Old 07-19-2016, 08:00 AM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser

That's what I'm wondering will it be more beneficial later to have done adjustable sight off and be ready for head work to turn it into a 107 or do a cam and everything else later

Old 07-19-2016, 08:27 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,204 Likes on 1,248 Posts

Having just gone through a cam install, actually, still going through it, get new bearings. It was HIGHLY recommended to replace the lifters ($110 or so). As for the adjustable pushrods, if you're willing to pull the rocker covers, I THINK you can reuse your existing pushrods. The nice thing about the adjustables though, is you can dial them in for whatever length you need. You'll need new gaskets and O-rings all around though. I've learned, if the manual says replace a gasket, O-ring, breather assembly, etc........ replace it.

I put in S&S Adjustable pushrods, but stupidly didn't get the shorter push rod covers. Hence, I bought a set of SE Adjustables at my local dealer, but only used the pushrod covers. If you're good with using SE's, I'll sell you them for a good price. PM me if you want.

And oddly enough, this went into a 2013 FLD.

Last edited by rauchman; 07-19-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,719 Likes on 18,538 Posts
Old 07-20-2016, 09:10 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the new TTS-150 are drop in cams. These are the cams I plan on going with when the time comes.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:33 AM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser

what cam did you use?

Originally Posted by rauchman
Having just gone through a cam install, actually, still going through it, get new bearings. It was HIGHLY recommended to replace the lifters ($110 or so). As for the adjustable pushrods, if you're willing to pull the rocker covers, I THINK you can reuse your existing pushrods. The nice thing about the adjustables though, is you can dial them in for whatever length you need. You'll need new gaskets and O-rings all around though. I've learned, if the manual says replace a gasket, O-ring, breather assembly, etc........ replace it.

I put in S&S Adjustable pushrods, but stupidly didn't get the shorter push rod covers. Hence, I bought a set of SE Adjustables at my local dealer, but only used the pushrod covers. If you're good with using SE's, I'll sell you them for a good price. PM me if you want.

And oddly enough, this went into a 2013 FLD.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:54 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,204 Likes on 1,248 Posts

Originally Posted by RUBI-VET
what cam did you use?
Andrews 57H

Old 07-20-2016, 01:33 PM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser

One of the mechanics at work told me I should get a Cycle Rama 570 he builds Harley engines for fun

I may have to take him up on it trade him in Powdercoating for his time

Old 07-20-2016, 02:29 PM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rauchman
Andrews 57H
The Andrews 57H a drop in with adjustable rods ? Or do you need headwork to get the compression back right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Biggest cam without pushrods and lifters etc