Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road rage differences

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 06:19 PM
TJ->
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
SO I have had both black, and now chrome. Bassani was great about cutting me a deal on a set of chrome shields, and the can. I decided to go with chrome after about six months of running the black shields. I like a little contrast on the bike, and I deleted a lot of chrome bits, so I decided to add the chrome pipe back on. The black wasn't really black, more like a dark charcoal gray... I believe all ceramic black systems are like this, regardless of manufacturer. The finish was top notch, and seemed to hold up well. I actually sold of my black shields and can, and the new owner has about 10,000 on them, and still no issues with quality. One thing I will point out, rubber boot marks are a biznitch to remove from the black pipes.

Power wise, I love mine. With a stock 103, and FP3, AC, and my Bassani, the bike pulls well in the low range, seems to smooth out a little in the mid 3000 range, then starts pulling hard again at about 3800 - 4800. It may actually keep pulling, but I generally do not spin the motor faster than that.

Edit: I forgot.... Do you wear ear plugs on the highway? I do, but only for wind sound. The pipe is noticeable at highway speeds, but nothing major, unless your rip the throttle. Idle is nice and mellow, but it will bark nicely when you get on it.

I have the RR2 Mega Power on a stock 103 with Stage 1 AC and Street Tuner. I definitely noticed a loss of power especially at the low end. The motor revs a lot faster and freer but I don't feel the power. Just louder exhaust note. Then there's the annoying popping and backfire when I'm off the throttle.

Its going back to the dealer next week for a bit of dyno time. Hope that solves the issues.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ->
I have the RR2 Mega Power on a stock 103 with Stage 1 AC and Street Tuner. I definitely noticed a loss of power especially at the low end. The motor revs a lot faster and freer but I don't feel the power. Just louder exhaust note. Then there's the annoying popping and backfire when I'm off the throttle.

Its going back to the dealer next week for a bit of dyno time. Hope that solves the issues.
It's interesting to hear different experiences like this. Mine pops a little on occasion, but not often.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:43 AM
TJ->
Advanced

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
It's interesting to hear different experiences like this. Mine pops a little on occasion, but not often.
Mine pops a lot and backfires periodically once I turn back on the throttle. I'm hoping a good tune will resolve this. It'a at a point where the ride is not enjoyable. Especially in the City with crackdown on noisy bikes this summer.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:25 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ->
Mine pops a lot and backfires periodically once I turn back on the throttle. I'm hoping a good tune will resolve this. It'a at a point where the ride is not enjoyable. Especially in the City with crackdown on noisy bikes this summer.
What tuner are you running? I currently have an FP3, and used the map for a Pro Pipe, then auto tuned it. Been thinking I should upgrade to a Power Vision at some point.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:32 PM
TJ->
Advanced

I'm using a HD Street Tuner. It has some adjustability but not as much as the HD Race Tuner. Reason I went with the HD product was that it would not affect the warranty on the bike.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Power Vision.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:46 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

i luv my power vision

Old 08-11-2016, 05:20 PM
TJ->
Advanced

If the shop can't get the Street Tuner to work properly, then I may have to look at the PV.

I'm also installing the quiet baffle to keep the noise to a quiet roar. The db police are really cracking down hard on noisy bikes here.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:35 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't know what model mine is as it came with bike. The sound is good not to loud and the tone when crushing is good. Barks when you twist the wick. But I don't like that short pipes so I'm gonna be selling it. I do like the Bassani pipes but trying to figure out which exhaust to get is crazy lol

I'm assuming with a 110 and high lift cam I should look at the B2-3- or 4...

Attached Thumbnails road rage differences-image.jpeg  
Old 08-16-2016, 01:12 PM
NO_SPRK
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

i swear i saw this exhaust on a bike in a wal-mart parking lot and when i walked up to it i was surprised to see it said kerker on it... were they making these for them previously?

Originally Posted by bwoltz
That's what you get for reading the internet..

First thing to not that the RR1 was never made for the 06 up Dynas.. Also I assume since this is the Dyna form, we are discussing Dynas.. One thing everyone dismisses is that pipes for baggers (blech!) are different..

Here is pic of bassani road rage version 1..

It's an excellent pipe as it gives a nice power band.. Even on a 116.. It's not as loud as the short ones but I suspect the baffle in the same.. Part of it might be because the exit is further behind the rider.

FWIW you can't get this pipe any more.. I'd sure love to have a new one in SS.. Looking at the RR3 but they don't offer it with a long muffler. Still there are ways to quiet it down..

Old 08-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by NO_SPRK
i swear i saw this exhaust on a bike in a wal-mart parking lot and when i walked up to it i was surprised to see it said kerker on it... were they making these for them previously?
I've not seen a Kerker that had the S pipe in the front. Most of the Harley Kerkers I've seen pretty plain.. Now back in the 70s Kerker made some pretty cool tucked in pipes for the 4 cylinder Hondas and Kawasakis.. Muffler was tucked in real nice... Couldn't drag em in the turns.. From what I've seen Kerker for HD lost the formula.. Vance and Hines made a nice 2-1 for the sporties that hung in tight..

Quick Reply: road rage differences