Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator/vibra-technics front mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 10:48 AM
NO_SPRK
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Nope... I used the contact form on the site.

I guess I could try that but I shouldn't have to.

Also did not see a actual email address anywhere. I just tried emailing another address a forum member PM'd me.

Seems like I'm the guy who ends up with stuff like this happening... kinda like how I have the only V&H exhaust that the quiet baffles do not fit. And how I bought my tach kit only to not get a response or have it shipped for 10 days because the idiot couldn't write he was away from office, had to open a paypal dispute to get him to respond. Another ebay seller sending me 2 right pegs and calling me a liar saying they're all the same.

harley parts guy ordering me the wrong handlebars and trying to make me pay restock fees.

Originally Posted by ronn07
That sucks man.

Here is the email address for the UK site.

predatorvcs@gmail.com

have you tried that email address?

Old 08-18-2016, 10:49 AM
ronn07
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you should change your name to Murphy's Law.

Originally Posted by NO_SPRK
Nope... I used the contact form on the site.

I guess I could try that but I shouldn't have to.

Also did not see a actual email address anywhere. I just tried emailing another address a forum member PM'd me.

Seems like I'm the guy who ends up with stuff like this happening... kinda like how I have the only V&H exhaust that the quiet baffles do not fit. And how I bought my tach kit only to not get a response or have it shipped for 10 days because the idiot couldn't write he was away from office, had to open a paypal dispute to get him to respond. Another ebay seller sending me 2 right pegs and calling me a liar saying they're all the same.

harley parts guy ordering me the wrong handlebars and trying to make me pay restock fees.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:52 AM
NO_SPRK
Tourer

Hahaha yes

Atleast my hagon shocks experience was top notch.

Called at 11 am. Got a UPS email at 1:30pm, 2 days later they are at my door

you should change your name to Murphy's Law.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:56 AM
NO_SPRK
Tourer

OK UPDATE....

yesterday morning i got 2 PMs from members here with "Phil's" email who is the main guy in the UK?

i let him know i ordered it on the 7th and didnt contact paypal till the 12th.
I got a quick response. he said he was sorry about the issue and would check the tracking.
He emailed me right back with a tracking number saying there was a delivery attempt the day before.

Tracking showed it was shipped out on monday, when i had opened the dispute on the previous friday.

I emailed him back saying i would not accept the package because i already opened a pay-pal dispute.
I was told by pay-pal to not accept the package if it ever came.

Phil told me i would have to accept the package otherwise they could not send another out to the same address.

I let Phil know at this point im so upset with the lack of communication and poor business practices i did not want to give this "US retailer" any of my money.
I found out the hard way that the US site is very slow with shipping and that the UK site is actually cheaper and faster.

In the same email i also told Phil that i would gladly have a friend order a mount for me from the UK and that maybe this will be a learning experience for the US seller.

Phil returned the email saying if i accepted the package he would refund me $50 for my troubles. at this point i felt that was fair and accepted the re-delivery yesterday.

Phil did try to explain to me about the exchange rate, duties and other reasoning for the price difference.
I've been buying car parts from around the world for years and have never been charged any "duty".
Unless all of you folks are lying, the price is between $220-230 USD on the UK site compared to the $288 i paid on the US site.

I have to say that i STILL have not received any emails back from the US or UK site. I told Phil he really needs to look into that because there are obviously other people here having that problem.

This morning i closed the paypal dispute and sent a copy of the email to Phil.

Now i installed the mount last night and have to wrap up some other things this morning before i can try it out. I will be reporting the difference.
I also want to post a picture of my stock mount for comparison.

Last edited by NO_SPRK; 08-19-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:22 PM
ronn07
Advanced

I'm glad you got your mount!
FEDEX attempted delivery today but I guess my wife was not home so they didn't leave the package. I was not aware that someone had to be there. I hope I can pick it up at the local fedex facility so I can install it this weekend.

OK UPDATE....

yesterday morning i got 2 PMs from members here with "Phil's" email who is the main guy in the UK?

i let him know i ordered it on the 7th and didnt contact paypal till the 12th.
I got a quick response. he said he was sorry about the issue and would check the tracking.
He emailed me right back with a tracking number saying there was a delivery attempt the day before.

Tracking showed it was shipped out on monday, when i had opened the dispute on the previous friday.

I emailed him back saying i would not accept the package because i already opened a pay-pal dispute.
I was told by pay-pal to not accept the package if it ever came.

Phil told me i would have to accept the package otherwise they could not send another out to the same address.

I let Phil know at this point im so upset with the lack of communication and poor business practices i did not want to give this "US retailer" any of my money.
I found out the hard way that the US site is very slow with shipping and that the UK site is actually cheaper and faster.

In the same email i also told Phil that i would gladly have a friend order a mount for me from the UK and that maybe this will be a learning experience for the US seller.

Phil returned the email saying if i accepted the package he would refund me $50 for my troubles. at this point i felt that was fair and accepted the re-delivery yesterday.

Phil did try to explain to me about the exchange rate, duties and other reasoning for the price difference.
I've been buying car parts from around the world for years and have never been charged any "duty".
Unless all of you folks are lying, the price is between $220-230 USD on the UK site compared to the $288 i paid on the US site.

I have to say that i STILL have not received any emails back from the US or UK site. I told Phil he really needs to look into that because there are obviously other people here having that problem.

This morning i closed the paypal dispute and sent a copy of the email to Phil.

Now i installed the mount last night and have to wrap up some other things this morning before i can try it out. I will be reporting the difference.
I also want to post a picture of my stock mount for comparison.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:22 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm glad you got your mount!
FEDEX attempted delivery today but I guess my wife was not home so they didn't leave the package. I was not aware that someone had to be there. I hope I can pick it up at the local fedex facility so I can install it this weekend.
Yah I'm on vacation and they won't leave the package w/o signature, so I called FedEx and I'm having them hold it at their facility for me to pick it up.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:17 PM
ronn07
Advanced

installed my mount this morning. the old mount came off fairly easily however I had to literally pry the motor up to get the new mount in. That's how collapsed the old mount was.

Should make a world of difference.

Now since I just got done having my AC unit inspected and have to replace it, it's 18 years old, i'm going for a ride to clear my mind because that's $7000 i didn't plan on spending.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:26 PM
NO_SPRK
Tourer

Anyone else wonder how the true track link on this mount is supposed to work when there is no keyway and only 40something lbs-foot of torque sandwiching the bracket between the rubber bushing and lower mount?

Old 08-22-2016, 02:55 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Anyone else wonder how the true track link on this mount is supposed to work when there is no keyway and only 40something lbs-foot of torque sandwiching the bracket between the rubber bushing and lower mount?
I understand what you're asking, and I wondered the same thing when I first really looked at mine before installing it... However, after installation it really doesn't seem as if the lower stabilizer bracket can move at all once the whole assembly is bolted to the lower mount bracket in the frame.

That being said, the True Track/Sputhe stabilizer design looks like it can prevent movement against a greater amount of force than the Predator, but I don't know if that's necessary and I have no practical experience with those stabilizers.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:08 AM
k-weaver
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I ordered from the US site and got mine within 3-4 days. Tracking number was sent a little late but I still got it. Overall i'm satisfied. Sucks some people are having bad luck.

Quick Reply: Predator/vibra-technics front mount