Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator/vibra-technics front mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:20 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,066 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by k-weaver
I ordered from the US site and got mine within 3-4 days. Tracking number was sent a little late but I still got it. Overall i'm satisfied. Sucks some people are having bad luck.
how do you like the mount, do you have it installed yet? have been looking at these also.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:14 PM
masplumber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation observations

Installed yesterday, unable to ride because of rain but here's my take.
Install was simple. Didn't have the torque offset wrenches as shown in video so I used my years of wrenching touch for torque settings👍. Initial reaction - idle vibrations reduced, still have vibes around 2300-3000 rpm although reduced. Decel/acel vibes almost gone.
Short ride today(between rain) and I am impressed with solid feel especially on curves. No fishtail feel, solid tracking even suspension felt better. The more I rode the more reduced the vibrations felt. I did notice a reduced vibe on hard right curve, maybe I need to do an alignment next.
Overall I'm impressed with the mount. Ordered last Saturday evening and it arrived Tuesday morning. Hardest part of install was removal of stock mount.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:05 PM
ronn07
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed mine last week and let me just say this....if you don't go out and buy one of these, you're an idiot. My wobble is absolutely gone. And I mean gone.

The following users liked this post:
petefwa (09-03-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 06:46 PM
k-weaver
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
how do you like the mount, do you have it installed yet? have been looking at these also.
Installed a few days ago but didn't really get a chance to ride. Took the bike out today for about 30 minutes. Not sure yet how much of a help it was with vibrations but the front end is tighter.

I consider myself an aggressive rider. I ride my Dyna like its a sport bike, as much as possible anyway. That being said, with this mount installed the bike feels more nimble, easier to flick around, and I can hold my line better in the corners.

I'm really interested in picking up a stabilizer for the rear now. Only reason i went with the predator front was because I was getting hand numbing vibrations after 2-3 hours and the predator looks like a mount that will last.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:13 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by k-weaver
Installed a few days ago but didn't really get a chance to ride. Took the bike out today for about 30 minutes. Not sure yet how much of a help it was with vibrations but the front end is tighter.

I consider myself an aggressive rider. I ride my Dyna like its a sport bike, as much as possible anyway. That being said, with this mount installed the bike feels more nimble, easier to flick around, and I can hold my line better in the corners.

I'm really interested in picking up a stabilizer for the rear now. Only reason i went with the predator front was because I was getting hand numbing vibrations after 2-3 hours and the predator looks like a mount that will last.
think I am sold on these, will likely order one when the stock one is shot.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:05 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member

update,
just ordered one as old one while still ok is soaked with oil.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member

wow, they do have fast service. ordered one last Saturday, arrived today, ordered from the UK site. maybe will get time to install this weekend.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:16 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,523 Likes on 3,023 Posts

I don't know what to think, or if I even need one. It seems that every bike is different. This is my first HD, and I only have 3K on it. Obviously, this damn thing shakes more than any other bike I have owned...it's a damn Harley.
My buddy's HDs all have different engines, or are different models. I think mine is better than one of my buddy's Nighttrain is, but if this could be smoother, and possibly help handling, I am willing to shell out for one of these. I may just give it a shot

Old 09-03-2016, 10:39 AM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
I don't know what to think, or if I even need one. It seems that every bike is different. This is my first HD, and I only have 3K on it. Obviously, this damn thing shakes more than any other bike I have owned...it's a damn Harley.
My buddy's HDs all have different engines, or are different models. I think mine is better than one of my buddy's Nighttrain is, but if this could be smoother, and possibly help handling, I am willing to shell out for one of these. I may just give it a shot

the vibration on my low rider smooths out good around 2500 rpm, I bought the mount for being more durable and for the stabilizer.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:20 PM
k-weaver
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Id say my vibrations smoothed out while causing, less vibration in my feet for sure. At idle, didn't notice. Difference. My stock mount looked like it has seen better days, at only 3k miles I'm not sure how much it will help on the vibration department.

For handling, I'd say it helped alot. But that depends on your riding style. If your not scraping pegs around corners you might not notice a Difference.

Do your abilities exceed the bikes? Do you fear taking corners fast because the bike can't do it but you can? If yes, get the mount or get a true track. If not, don't waste your money.

Quick Reply: Predator/vibra-technics front mount