Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini apes fxdb, and other insights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 03:29 AM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Carlini apes fxdb, and other insights?

BIKE: fxdb 2015

Rear suspension and comfort, check!
- ohlins blackline rear 12inch
- danny gray solo seat with removable passenger pad and hd sissy bar

Stage 1, check!
- High flow HD air intake
- Vance and Hines Big Shots
- FP3 tuner

Glitter, check!
- PM horn cover
- burst foot pegs and shifter
- Bobber intake cover

Now Front end....Pending!
- need a whole need handlebar setup, started with the rear and moving on up to the front now.
- waiting for ohlins 49mm fork catridges to be released

Now my front end questions...
For those that run carlini apes, going from stock 10 inch harley apes to 14 carlini, did you go +2 or +4 inches on top of stock cables? Going to order my lines through magnum shielding probably but don't want too much cable overflow and I'm thinking +2 might just be enough considering most people are still running stock cables on 12 inch apes.

I read carlini gangsters actually run taller that the 14 inch as advertised? Any insights would be great on cable sizing with this specific ape handlebar setup if you are running them.

I live in Canada, so I have to order all my parts online and pick them up at mail depot in Washington to avoid dreaded shipping costs and delays. So I'm ordering cables , handlebars and all the jazz in one big shot to avoid multiple trips over the border.

Out of curiosity, any recommendations on 1.5 inch risers besides the ones carlini offers? Black 1.5 inch riser. Looking for high quality.

And just to confirm, 2015 fxdb is push pill throttle correct? Vs fly by?

Heated grips? Heat demons, good enough? Any bad reviews?

Custom Dynamics LED strip signals...any cons to this setup? Looks pretty solid from my research and super bright with dual signal and running light option. Also keeps forks clean if I decided to add a quick detach windshield or fairing in the future.

Once I get this all done...I'll start posting product reviews and pictures. I'm sure another seat review never hurts and some pros and cons of my ohlins setup. The handle bars look like my nephews bicycle handles right now so they gotta go asap.

Thx.