Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flyboy's Fat Bob Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 09:55 PM
flyboyslc
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Before and after... or after and before, I guess.

Flyboy's Fat Bob Build-qwvynfg.jpg

Last edited by flyboyslc; 04-10-2017 at 10:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kravitz (03-30-2018)
Old 04-10-2017, 10:17 PM
flyboyslc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Road Star
Damn, I want that bike! Beautiful build. What are you asking for it?
PM sent.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyslc
Yes - I actually finished this winter, lost my job, got depressed, found another job (2.5 months later!) and now I'm finally riding and smiling...

Some more pics - I settled on the Mustang Wide Tripper seat and I can tell you that after riding HOURS AND HOURS on it, I'm so darn glad I did!

But I have an itch to build another bike. So I think I'm going to sell this one. I absolutely love riding it - I just had so much fun building it that I want to do another one.

Here's how I solved the gap under the seat in the rear. I used a nylon bushing and extended screw. I used a rubber washer between the fender and nylon bushing to prevent scratching the paint and also let me have some play to tighten it. It's very secure.

The whole photo journey start to finish is here.
Sorry to hear you've been through a rough spell.

Give yourself a pat on the back now though its come up a treat!!!

Glad to see you went with the mustang seat too (Was my pick)

So is it DONE done or are there still things you'd like to do?

Old 04-11-2017, 08:17 AM
flyboyslc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
Sorry to hear you've been through a rough spell.

Give yourself a pat on the back now though its come up a treat!!!

Glad to see you went with the mustang seat too (Was my pick)

So is it DONE done or are there still things you'd like to do?
yes there are a few small things I would still like to do - and I may. Such as powder coat (gloss black) the chrome shift linkage, kickstand, and foot controls. Also install matching foot pegs like the left shift peg - I like that spiked machined look better than the stock round HD rubber pegs.

Subtle small stuff most people wouldn't notice.

Also I would swap the HD cam cover for a Joker Machine cover that matches my derby cover.

Maybe snag a removable stick-on pillion seat. I kept the rear pegs on and the Voodoo seat is strong enough to sit on, even though I got the shorter version.

I considered black front fork rubber boots to hide the chrome there. Still debating that.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:10 AM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Piranha Teeth

Originally Posted by flyboyslc

Exhaust pipes removed, cleaning to prep for fiberglass wrap.

Completed / installed wrapped pipes.

Received my Alley Cat fuel and voltage meter gauge today. Still waiting for the matching fuel cap. 6 pages of instructions included! Very thorough - I'm impressed. This is my second Kuryakyn product (also installed black ISO grips) and I am impressed with the quality of both products. This product fits Dyna - the green and red PCBs you see at the top there are for different year ranges of Dyna. My '08 Fat Bob will use the red one. Installation was a snap. I had already removed my stock fuel gauge a while ago, so getting this installed consisted of (1) reading the instructions, (2) removing a nut under the new fuel/voltage gauge, (3) putting the red PCB in place under the gauge and securing with 4 washers/nuts, (4) sliding the wiring into the channel on the tank and pressing the gauge into place, and (5) attaching the AMP Connector properly and connecting it to the bike. Finally, I secured it with a zip tie to pull the wiring up under the tank and hide it.

Here's the fuel / voltage gauge installed (left).
This video shows how it works. It feels good to see this thing almost complete. Kuryakyn Alley Cat Fuel & Voltage Gauge for Dyna
I am buying a Voodoo fender and I was looking to mount my lights under the fender just like you did.
I am looking to get the "piranha teeth" as you call them but I can't find anything on the Web or on Chrome Glows website. I have searched piranha teeth, piranha tooth, shark tooth,teeth, jagged aluminum mounting bracket and I can't find this item. Is Piranha teeth the real name?

Old 06-06-2018, 02:39 PM
flyboyslc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Valleyofthegun
I am buying a Voodoo fender and I was looking to mount my lights under the fender just like you did.
I am looking to get the "piranha teeth" as you call them but I can't find anything on the Web or on Chrome Glows website. I have searched piranha teeth, piranha tooth, shark tooth,teeth, jagged aluminum mounting bracket and I can't find this item. Is Piranha teeth the real name?
Hey there! Thanks for reading along.

As for the piranha teeth - I placed my order on the phone, and when I was sending him pictures while we were talking about what I wanted to do, he suggested the "piranha teeth". I don't think they are listed in their website. But if you call them, they will know what you're talking about. You can even (while you're on the phone) email them a pic from my build and they'll know exactly what it was. For the LED flexible light array, it's part number 4200-3030RS
see this: https://imgur.com/quOi1lp BUT I RECOMMEND YOU CALL THEM because there may be a signal stabilizer for your application. They're great to deal with.

If you're wanting to do the lights like I did, you might find more photos from my build (but especially mounting the lights) on my imgur gallery here. I can't remember if I posted all the photos here on hdforums. Feel free to PM me if you run into issues or have questions.

Last edited by flyboyslc; 06-06-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo