Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed the DK Custom Oil Filter Relocation on the Wide Glide...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 04:50 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

i don't want to spend more.... no... nooooooooo

Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM
weever82
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks amazing! Bet it keeps it cooler too.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:49 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

That's not Watson! That's Mufasa. My shop cat.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:49 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd be interested if you obtain any significant oil cooling. I'd guess maybe 3 to 5 degrees. But, may not know since you have the Jagg.

Personally, I'd like to see a billet adapter, AN fittings and 10 to 15 degrees cooling (better and a few more fins might do it) included for those Franklins. Looks nice though.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:10 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Very nice install, neat and clean like your whole bike! Don't know if I would ever need to do this, but will def keep this post in mind for future reference. Thanks for sharing - ride safe!
~

Old 09-27-2016, 01:23 PM
NC Rob
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
And he looks almost like mine! I did a double take at that pic!

Old 09-27-2016, 05:19 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Excellent. Love it, Tin. Definitly on my list of to-get's! Only thing is I think I may look into upgrading the fittings to AN hydraulic fittings/hoses. I really don't like barbs for critical fluid connections. But I'm just nuts, so don't pay attention to that.
I will be changing things up this winter on the lines; AN fittings would be a better choice, the Gates hose and injection clamps work well but I want a more permanent solution; sadly I'll have several months to ponder all that as the snow flies and the bike sleeps...

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Nice write-up TinCup, I did one on my Road King and although I sold it before I had a chance to do an oil change, it was a great mod. Nice to meet another cat lover.
Certainly going to be cleaner removing and reinstalling the permanent filter!

I talked with the good folks at the rescue today; Watson is doing great, he joined the FIV colony without any issues and was accepted immediately and is running with the pack. First nice day in October I'm going to jump on the Wide Glide and ride down to Battle Creek to see him!

Originally Posted by cvaria
i don't want to spend more.... no... nooooooooo
It's only money Go ***** to the walls! This is a great looking mod and is going to make pulling the filter a clean no-brainer process

Originally Posted by cggorman
I'd bet Mufasa and Watson would have gotten along well; I really miss that big fuzzy cat, he was my constant companion. He loves beef jerky and stealing beer out of my HDForums pint glass and running off with tools; he's the ultimate metal head cat. Steals my tools, drinks my beer, and was fearless around the bikes; he's perfect

Originally Posted by Jake911
I'd be interested if you obtain any significant oil cooling. I'd guess maybe 3 to 5 degrees. But, may not know since you have the Jagg.

Personally, I'd like to see a billet adapter, AN fittings and 10 to 15 degrees cooling (better and a few more fins might do it) included for those Franklins. Looks nice though.
Agreed, and I wouldn't have minded paying a few more dollars for a billet engine adapter, either.

I was riding today and at every stop I was grabbing the in and out lines to the permanent filter and I can tell the out from the filter is cooler; completely subjective since I don't have the Power Vision on the bike right now to monitor temperatures but just as with the Jagg oil cooler in and out lines, you can feel a difference when you touch them.

Originally Posted by O-Town D
Very nice install, neat and clean like your whole bike! Don't know if I would ever need to do this, but will def keep this post in mind for future reference. Thanks for sharing - ride safe!
~
Thanks, my goal is for the entire bike to flow and blend, that each change works as a complete package but the evolution never ends

Double checked the injection clamps and the billet oil filter mounting bolts; all is well. I really love the look of this oil filter relocation

Old 09-27-2016, 05:22 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Nice job TC, I like it!

Old 09-27-2016, 05:40 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by NC Rob
Thanks very much for the write up, I was looking to get one of these myself. I was looking for an oil cooler and just got the DK email and I love their stuff. I will order this and one of those cool new 7 spoke ACs (that website is a wallet drain).

Glad you found a place for Watson. We have a Maine Coon as well. Loves people and greets them at the door like a dog. He is the king of the house (we have 4 other indoor rescues) and we aren't sure if he realizes he is a cat.

Watson was just the same, more dog than cat; always at my feet, always at my side as I was working in the yard or in the garage. It's hard that he's FIV positive, I can't risk the cats in the house, and that just broke my heart he couldn't be a part of all that but the rescue he's now at is first rate and I know he's safe and well cared for.

When you start the install on the oil filter relocation, if you have any questions post them up or PM me; I've figured out every way not to do it!

Old 09-28-2016, 02:07 AM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Certainly going to be cleaner removing and reinstalling the permanent filter!

It's only money Go ***** to the walls! This is a great looking mod and is going to make pulling the filter a clean no-brainer process

Agreed, and I wouldn't have minded paying a few more dollars for a billet engine adapter, either.

I was riding today and at every stop I was grabbing the in and out lines to the permanent filter and I can tell the out from the filter is cooler; completely subjective since I don't have the Power Vision on the bike right now to monitor temperatures but just as with the Jagg oil cooler in and out lines, you can feel a difference when you touch them.

Thanks, my goal is for the entire bike to flow and blend, that each change works as a complete package but the evolution never ends

Double checked the injection clamps and the billet oil filter mounting bolts; all is well. I really love the look of this oil filter relocation
Kevin saw an 5 to 8 degree reduction in oil temps on his 2014 Tri-Glide with rear-mount oil filter relocation kit. On the Hot Bike Power Tour, he was seeing an 8 to 10 degree reduction on his modified Sportster with the new front mount relocation kit so it's obviously getting a good stream of cooler air hitting it.

Clint

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: Installed the DK Custom Oil Filter Relocation on the Wide Glide...