Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis shades Gauntlet or Harley Quarter fairiing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 06:24 PM
horsepower
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Memphis shades Gauntlet or Harley Quarter fairiing?

I need your opinion guys. Which looks better? Which is wider? Better quality? Which is taller? Theres no way for me to see these things in person as im in asia where these quarter Fairings are not popular to the local harley riders. Thats why no one sells them here. I have to order it there. So before I make a decision maybe you guys can give me your opinions on these two fairings.
At first i liked the Guantlet. Looks more aggressive in pictures and looks wider. But noticed that the harley quarter fairing is growing on me. Everytime I look at it, it looks better and better. But pricewise the hd one is almost twice the price.
From my research if I go with the gauntlet I just need the bracket set for a streetbob. Do I still need a headlight riser? If I get an HD quarter I need 4 pcs quick detach windshield bracket and bungking bracket. I cant seem to find the part# for the quick detach brackets that are Non locking. Has this been discountinued? I can only find the Locking one on hd website. Thanks in advance.
Btw, I have a Low Rider S.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Out of the two you mention I would go with the MS Gauntlet for the price alone. I'm looking at SEC's OG Louvered Ness fairing kit for my SB, may be another option for ya.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:15 PM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the memphis shades gauntlet and really rate is highly. Looks good and does a good job keeping the wind off my chest. My bike is the superglide custom so similar(ish) to the lowrider stature. Here are a couple of pics for a better view of it on the bike.

Last edited by esteboatan; 09-27-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:42 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the HD quarter and BungKing kit. Very nice set up. Clean and totally remivable. Not enough wind protection. I added an aftermarket clear addition to it. Forget what it's called but it glued on , looks great and helps a lot. Overall it's ok but nothing like my old batwing.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:58 PM
horsepower
Cruiser

Did you need to adjust the headlight bracket? Or need to replace headlight bracket for better fit?

Old 09-28-2016, 05:33 AM
byrdman.45
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 146 Posts

I vote HD quarter fairing. A little pricey but IMHO it's the best looking, and it works for me. I have one on my 09 FXDL and on my 07 XL1200R.

From the HD website -
Clamp Assy, tool-less release (4) 57192-05A
Gasket (8-2 per clamp) 57197-05A
The clamps should come with the gaskets but it is HD.

The bars are 10 inch with 2 inch pullback, I think, Hope this helps.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:32 AM
astra
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I also vote for the HD fairing.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:12 PM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower
Did you need to adjust the headlight bracket? Or need to replace headlight bracket for better fit?
No adjustment needed for the memphis fairing. Just attach the four bolts around the forks and it slides on and off in seconds with quick release joints.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:58 PM
horsepower
Cruiser

Thanks guys. Are these fairings as wide as the tank?

Old 09-28-2016, 06:34 PM
horsepower
Cruiser

Btw, the dyna streetbob is fxdb right? Coz theres 3 choices for the memphis shades brackets. Theres also fxdd and theres another one i forgot.

Quick Reply: Memphis shades Gauntlet or Harley Quarter fairiing?