Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asking for trouble but "Need opinions".

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Had to have the so called super fast engine, for what, are you taking it to the drag strip or did you just want to sit around with your buddies and brag about it..

Old 10-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
Had to have the so called super fast engine, for what, are you taking it to the drag strip or did you just want to sit around with your buddies and brag about it..
I have a couple of supercharged vehicles (one of them also has nitrous), and it can be a blast to punch them once in a while, even if they're rarely involved in racing.

Besides, if an vehicle is an interesting conversation piece amongst motorheads, what's wrong with that?

Old 10-21-2016, 09:33 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
I have a couple of supercharged vehicles (one of them also has nitrous), and it can be a blast to punch them once in a while, even if they're rarely involved in racing.

Besides, if an vehicle is an interesting conversation piece amongst motorheads, what's wrong with that?
i agree with that, but this guy sounds like he knows nothing about it and just bought it to be cool.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

i agree with that, but this guy sounds like he knows nothing about it and just bought it to be cool.

And you nothing about this guy. His money, his choice. Why rag on him?

Old 10-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

1. freedom of speech. 2. cause i dislike posers who buy things they know nothing about just to show of to their poser buddies. There is no way in this world i'd buy something like that knowing there is no warranty, yet he still expects them to fix it. would you do that?

Old 10-21-2016, 12:08 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,189 Likes on 6,216 Posts

1. freedom of speech. 2. cause i dislike posers who buy things they know nothing about just to show of to their poser buddies. There is no way in this world i'd buy something like that knowing there is no warranty, yet he still expects them to fix it. would you do that?
Yeah, I would, if it was a manufacturing defect or an assembly error, which H-D apparently agreed that it was.

While we're at it, I'll mention something I don't like: petty **** like this intended to judge someone you know nothing about. You have no idea what the OP knows (other than what you derive from his posts) and you have no idea whether his friends are "posers" or not. If he, as you said, "bought it to be cool", what's that to you?
As far as your freedom of speech, you might consider exercising it a bit more discreetly in the future.

With that said, I have a riding buddy who has a Breakout he had delivered with a 120R. Took a bit to get it properly tuned, but now it kicks ***. And he's had zero problems with it.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Kid Red
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, someone has the ability to hear what people sound like from them just typing? That should be on America's Got Talent or something. Anyway I can understand being hesitant on the 120R again because of what happened but you probably have better odds of hitting the lottery. S&S make some excellent engines. If I were in your shoes I'd compare the 2 and get the motor I liked best and let that be my only deciding factor.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:36 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,189 Likes on 6,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Kid Red
Wow, someone has the ability to hear what people sound like from them just typing? That should be on America's Got Talent or something. Anyway I can understand being hesitant on the 120R again because of what happened but you probably have better odds of hitting the lottery. S&S make some excellent engines. If I were in your shoes I'd compare the 2 and get the motor I liked best and let that be my only deciding factor.
Nothing wrong with the 120R. No matter what, a bad one can always get through, just like anything else. With that said, the MoCo isn't very likely to foot the bill for an S & S when they likely have 120Rs sitting in crates ready to ship. Those crated motors are already paid for; they would need to write a check for an S & S, unless they happen to have one laying around (not likely).

Old 10-21-2016, 12:51 PM
Kid Red
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by martinj
Nothing wrong with the 120R. No matter what, a bad one can always get through, just like anything else. With that said, the MoCo isn't very likely to foot the bill for an S & S when they likely have 120Rs sitting in crates ready to ship. Those crated motors are already paid for; they would need to write a check for an S & S, unless they happen to have one laying around (not likely).
​​​​​​I agree what you said. If that's his only option then no worries. They did the right thing and I personally would have no problem with putting another 120R in it.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:30 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by martinj
Yeah, I would, if it was a manufacturing defect or an assembly error, which H-D apparently agreed that it was.

While we're at it, I'll mention something I don't like: petty **** like this intended to judge someone you know nothing about. You have no idea what the OP knows (other than what you derive from his posts) and you have no idea whether his friends are "posers" or not. If he, as you said, "bought it to be cool", what's that to you?
As far as your freedom of speech, you might consider exercising it a bit more discreetly in the future.

With that said, I have a riding buddy who has a Breakout he had delivered with a 120R. Took a bit to get it properly tuned, but now it kicks ***. And he's had zero problems with it.
well since this board is based on opinions, that's mine. like it or not i have a right to mine.

Quick Reply: Asking for trouble but "Need opinions".