Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 FXDC Long Overdue Build Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 02:08 PM
kbiker76
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2008 FXDC Long Overdue Build Thread

Relatively new to the forum bought a few parts here and there but don't comment much. FIgured it was finally time to post up some pictures of the bike. Bought it completely stock 9 months to the day(5/16/13) after I got hit on my old fatboy and fell in love with the dyna platform. Wreck put me out of commission for 9 months and probably shouldn't have been back on the bike that early but I just couldn't let it sit in the garage and collect dust. Kept it stock for a year then did an exhaust and air cleaner and then decided to just full out start building it to be a ripper of a HD.

Put a S&S 106 kit, Big Boyz Ported Heads, Andrews 54H cams, upped the compression to 10.6:1 last winter. Bassani exhaust at Sturgis this year and it Lowrider S rear suspension with a bung king riser block. In the process of doing a dual disc set up this fall/winter along with race tech springs and ricor intiminators up front. Ohlins rear shocks will come eventually but the Lowrider S shocks are a nice improvement until I get Ohlins. Just had the front end powder coated and put dual disc legs on while I'm waiting on Bassani to get back to me about a warranty claim for my exhaust.

Heres some pictures of the general progression of my bike!

Cat scan of my leg 6 months after the accident, no healing so thats why recovery took so long total of 4 surgeries and 2 different rods to save the leg and get it to heal.

Stock when I bought it

New air cleaner and pines

106 kit, heads, and cams

New shocks and tank lift

Brand new exhaust.. 4000 miles on it and it did this

Powder coated the front end, replaced single disc fork legs with 14 lowrider legs

Will be finished off with speed merchant caliper brackets and these brembo calipers all powdercoated gloss black.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:33 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Well,welcome back!
Nice work on the scoot. Twisting the throttle on that motor should ease the pain and suffering😬 How did the pipe crack?

Old 10-23-2016, 02:40 PM
kbiker76
Cruiser

Not sure, bike developed a tick that progressively got worse so I started tearing into it and found the exhaust. There's a bunch of stress marks and 2 cracks. I think it has to do with the install but not sure. Shop claims it can't be install so now I'm waiting to hear from Bassani

Old 10-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Hi Kbiker76
Its nice to see a Super Glide getting the "full treatment". Its looking good, take it easy on that leg.

: Mike

Old 10-23-2016, 02:46 PM
kbiker76
Cruiser

LEgs all healed up and good to go now! Left and pretty gnarly scar but all is good makes for a good story atleast!

Old 10-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

YARRRGGG.... Gnarly Dude

: Mike

Old 10-28-2016, 08:20 PM
kbiker76
Cruiser

Got the new bars on and they look great! What do you guys think?

Old 10-28-2016, 09:58 PM
AGAF
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The bike looks great and I really like those bars. Sorry about your accident. Be smart about your rehab/healing.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:05 PM
kbiker76
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AGAF
The bike looks great and I really like those bars. Sorry about your accident. Be smart about your rehab/healing.
Legs all healed up now accident was a little over 3 years ago now. Loving these bars internally wired and cables were just long enough for these bars. Looks less out of place with the tank on now.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:50 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

Did I miss it?... Brand and Height of Bars?...They appear lower than a lot on here

Are the "Ladies" stayin'?...

Gives a whole new meaning to "I always keep a finger or two on/in the levers"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 FXDC Long Overdue Build Thread