Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie here and need Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 10:59 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Fp3 no Brainer considering your just planning and intake and exhaust. fp3 will do the trick and isn't too pricey if you can find it on sale. It'll also have the map ready.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:37 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Fp3 = no buy for me.... to many disadvantages.

you can not sell, trade, share, etc the fp3. it marries to one bike. one bike only.

if you decide to upgrade you engine with cams or greater displacement etc, switch bikes.... blah blah you'll be in need of a new tuner. VH keeps raising the price of the fp3 but, not raising the utility. scumbags

Old 12-05-2016, 05:09 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,387 Likes on 2,951 Posts

Smart=scumbags?

Old 12-05-2016, 05:14 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Smart=scumbags?
yes. that's just not cool. there's not one single resaon why it couldn't be paired to more than one bike. they just want to sell more. it's a scumbag of thing to do. shame on them.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Kid Red
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
yes. that's just not cool. there's not one single resaon why it couldn't be paired to more than one bike. they just want to sell more. it's a scumbag of thing to do. shame on them.
Yeah, I'm a fan of V&H's products however I agree that what they're doing here is just getting over on the people who purchase the FP3. Not cool.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:53 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
You might think they're scumbags, but they're in business to make a profit. Let's say you were the manufacturer of the tuner. If someone could use one tuner for all of your buddies bikes or if an indie could tune all of his customers with a single purchase you would either go out of business or change that setup real fast.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:07 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I agree, in your scenario. Cvaria is saying even the original owner with the original bike is screwed if they make certain mechanical upgrades. That's just dumb. It runs counter the whole idea of a tuner.

My Superchips/SCT tuner for my car is VIN locked but can be moved to a new (compatible) vehicle after returning the old car to a saved factory tune. That seems like a good compromise to me.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Platelock
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey dmbrazilian!

I live in the Dallas area and just put V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 on my 2016 wide glide. Hit me up if you have questions or want to hear it. I got my work done at Harley of Dallas and didn't need to change my air cleaner out as it came with the screamin eagle Ventilator. If yours has that then it can save you some coin.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:53 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I second the FP3. It was super simple to understand and flashed my bike using an app on my iPhone. I used the generic 2>1 tune for my bike and it runs noticeably better than stock. FP3 also has an auto tune setting if you want a more specific tune. I think autotune would allow you to tune your bike if you did cams or bore, but that's pure speculation on my part, could be wrong and I'm sure someone will happily correct me if I am. Anyway, I got mine from directcycleparts.com for $299 free shipping.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:46 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
You might think they're scumbags, but they're in business to make a profit. Let's say you were the manufacturer of the tuner. If someone could use one tuner for all of your buddies bikes or if an indie could tune all of his customers with a single purchase you would either go out of business or change that setup real fast.
I don't believe that's what cvaria is saying; when you compare the FP3 to the Power Vision there are some distinct differences. The FP3 is one and done; locked. With the Power Vision you can purchase additional licenses at $200 and add up to, I believe, 6 bikes to one PV. Also, Dynojet as I recall, sends you a new license should your bike be totaled out so you can use the PV on your new ride. With the FP3, your tuner is as gone as your ride.

I'm certainly not against profit, this is 'Merica, damn it! When you look at the limited tuning use of the FP3 a Power Vision makes more sense; much like buying a J&S lift, that initial purchase price is forgotten when you see the long term capabilities

Quick Reply: Newbie here and need Exhaust help