Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling Fans...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by L88
About 5000 miles since I installed mid summer. ETMS doesn't kick in so soon and kicks out sooner. Moves a ton of heat. Some reviews say they drop the engine temp a 100 degrees. Does have a turbine like whine to it. Horn sucks, but I installed a better one. Black blends nice with the engine. I noticed HD offers a fan in their catalogue this year.
Interesting. There are a few YouTube vids on it I'll check out too. Thanks.

The HD fan is for the M8 bikes and is purely to move hot air away from the rider I think

Old 12-05-2016, 07:21 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

These have been on my list as well and I figured they were just sold out for the summer months. If he is not making the fans anymore, I feel like I could craft up something similar myself if I can figure out what type of fans he is using. They look like CPU fans.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:28 PM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

He's one man shop I think. Those things sells like crazy, I think he just got back ordered. Time to scale. It's pretty successful business, I don't think he just will quit.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:49 PM
_LostSoul_
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think he's done either but it has been about 6 months since he's taken deposits. I don't like the look of the love jugs so I decided to make my own. I have parts out for powder coat now but it shouldn't be too much longer. Just like everything else i do, I made a few extra. I'll post up a pic when they are all assembled. I'll prob sell a couple here once i've used one for a while.

The following 2 users liked this post by _LostSoul_:
Max Headflow (12-05-2016), silveradoman2 (12-07-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 04:03 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I would email Jason directly. I had a wire pull out of my thermostat and he mentioned that he doesn't follow in the forums much anymore, but he immediately sent me out a new thermostat free of charge, even though the problem had nothing to do with him. He emailed me back immediately when I reached out to purchase one and didn't mention anything about no longer making them.

Really good unit I've been incredibly happy with mine. Hope he continues.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:18 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Theres the Jims cooling fan. Says there for touring bikes, but I dont see any reason they wouldnt bolt on to the horn position on a Dyna.

I had the Lenale, both went out in less than a year so kind of skeptical on fans til I hear they work for long periods. The downside is that they are most useful in heavy traffic, which means you will be roasting your right thigh.

Attached Thumbnails Cooling Fans...-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 12-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
I would email Jason directly. I had a wire pull out of my thermostat and he mentioned that he doesn't follow in the forums much anymore, but he immediately sent me out a new thermostat free of charge, even though the problem had nothing to do with him. He emailed me back immediately when I reached out to purchase one and didn't mention anything about no longer making them.

Really good unit I've been incredibly happy with mine. Hope he continues.
I would, but he explicitly says on his site "don't email me asking when they will be available" so...

I hope he comes back. Maybe it'll be before I buy something else. Hopefully.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:11 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I would, but he explicitly says on his site "don't email me asking when they will be available" so...

I hope he comes back. Maybe it'll be before I buy something else. Hopefully.
Ah... didnt see that.

Well the man if nothing else sure is "expressive"

Old 12-06-2016, 09:13 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

If I have the right site it looks like he is taking deposits now, I am looking at his website right now. http://wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html is that the right one?

Old 12-06-2016, 10:05 PM
619DYNA619
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This may end up being one of the most absurd posts on the forum so I have to share......

Over the summer my friend was having bad overheating issues with his 120R. He decided he was going to mount some kind of fan to his oil cooler to try to help keep the temps down. He came up with two computer fans wired into the running lights so they turn on every time the ignition is on. These are two pics of the very rough mock up we did as proof of theory. According to him he didn't have any overheating issues afterwards.

How's that for some redneck engineering.

Quick Reply: Cooling Fans...