Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling Fans...

Old 12-06-2016, 11:10 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,509 Likes on 3,019 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleMc0622
If I have the right site it looks like he is taking deposits now, I am looking at his website right now. http://wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html is that the right one?
That is the one.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:18 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,508 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleMc0622
If I have the right site it looks like he is taking deposits now, I am looking at his website right now. http://wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html is that the right one?
Click the deposit link...

Old 12-07-2016, 05:22 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by 619DYNA619
This may end up being one of the most absurd posts on the forum so I have to share......

Over the summer my friend was having bad overheating issues with his 120R. He decided he was going to mount some kind of fan to his oil cooler to try to help keep the temps down. He came up with two computer fans wired into the running lights so they turn on every time the ignition is on. These are two pics of the very rough mock up we did as proof of theory. According to him he didn't have any overheating issues afterwards.

How's that for some redneck engineering.
Those will last about 5 min once he hits the first puddle. It's a good idea though - pretty much the same design as the untrcool cooler I have.

While it'll help, it's probably not going to keep the bike from overheating in summer heat stop and go for any period of time.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:44 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Those speed-screws are sick!

Old 12-07-2016, 08:03 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Those will last about 5 min once he hits the first puddle. It's a good idea though - pretty much the same design as the untrcool cooler I have.

While it'll help, it's probably not going to keep the bike from overheating in summer heat stop and go for any period of time.
Yeah we've had the computer fans @ work on some of our machines take a crap from just dust or it being too humid. So I could only imagine how long those would last unprotected on an air cooled motor in summer heat or rain storm

Old 12-07-2016, 08:45 AM
smallwoodcd
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure what internet y'all are using but I still show deposits suspended....I too want these fans and hope like hell he hasn't gone out of business. Agree the Jugz are just too big.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:17 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

This may end up being one of the most absurd posts on the forum so I have to share......

Over the summer my friend was having bad overheating issues with his 120R. He decided he was going to mount some kind of fan to his oil cooler to try to help keep the temps down. He came up with two computer fans wired into the running lights so they turn on every time the ignition is on. These are two pics of the very rough mock up we did as proof of theory. According to him he didn't have any overheating issues afterwards.

Pretty good! I wonder how they will last. My Fan asisted Jag Cooler is about the same but the fan is protected by the oil cooler itself by being behind it. This allows the wind to flow over the oil cooler while riding and the fan blows over it when stopped.

Those computer fans can be pretty good, I used them on one of my saltwater aquarium's hood system a while back when I used metal halide lights for coral growth.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:23 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by smallwoodcd
Not sure what internet y'all are using but I still show deposits suspended....I too want these fans and hope like hell he hasn't gone out of business. Agree the Jugz are just too big.
I must be on same internet as you. I see no deposit available. If you click the Deposit link, it clearly says nothing is available since Aug 25, 2016.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:29 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

I have Love Jugs on my 2010 103 Limited, have had em on for about 3 years now.
They do cool your heads 100 degrees. They run underwater. (Rains like a MF here in Florida) They plug right into your stock aux plug under your seat, makes for a easy installation, they work off your aux switch. You don't hear them when your motors running. Have had No problems with them.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
I have Love Jugs on my 2010 103 Limited, have had em on for about 3 years now.
They do cool your heads 100 degrees. They run underwater. (Rains like a MF here in Florida) They plug right into your stock aux plug under your seat, makes for a easy installation, they work off your aux switch. You don't hear them when your motors running. Have had No problems with them.
Yep, I'm sure they are great, but I can't get past the look. I wish they'd make smaller units...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cooling Fans...