Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderheader vs Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:28 PM
badvlvo
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Just found out yesterday after a disappointing call to Bassani that they do not make a quiet baffle for the RR3 exhaust. I'm loving the performance increase with the RR3 and about 100 miles worth of tuning with the FP3, and it sounds awesome, BUT the neighbors are going to get pissed. I live in a townhouse and I rent since the coast is so damn expensive to buy.

I'm going to do a little investigation, and probably modify the baffle from another system to work in mine.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:56 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by badvlvo
Just found out yesterday after a disappointing call to Bassani that they do not make a quiet baffle for the RR3 exhaust. I'm loving the performance increase with the RR3 and about 100 miles worth of tuning with the FP3, and it sounds awesome, BUT the neighbors are going to get pissed. I live in a townhouse and I rent since the coast is so damn expensive to buy.

I'm going to do a little investigation, and probably modify the baffle from another system to work in mine.
Someone suggested that my RR3 would make more low/mid torque if I got a 1.75/1.5 exhaust reducer from an auto parts store and installed it at the entrance to the megaphone... I wonder whether that may also quiet it down a touch. I didn't play with it, as I'm happy with the current performance and don't want to inhibit top-end HP, and I'm fine with the sound now.

Another thought would be to get some muffler packing, pull out the baffle and wrap it in the packing, and reinstall. This really shouldn't alter the tuning/flow characteristics at all.

On my other bike I actually removed half of the packing around the baffles, which woke up the tone a bit...

Something like any of this stuff: http://www.revzilla.com/search?query...exhaust%20pack

Old 12-23-2016, 02:05 PM
badvlvo
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm OK with the midrange power with this setup, not really worried about tuning it for more, and top end... well it does well there too. Power from 2500 to 4000 is great, and that's where it lives the majority of it's life.

I'm going to pull the baffle and take some measurements of the can, and see how the other baffles available fit. I don't think it would be too complicated to adapt one of their other RR quiet baffled if the repack doesn't tone it down a little.

The other option is making a cap for the end that can hold a secondary baffle inside. Did this for a racecar that was being prepped to run on a track with noise regulations. Knocked down a few decibels and didn't choke it too bad.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:19 PM
prerender
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
I've had both I'll take my TH all day everyday.
Did you see any performance difference between them? From butt dyno point of view..

Old 01-20-2017, 01:21 PM
prerender
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
awe man, i love my RRII. the power bump was amazing. very happy
Power bump over what? TH?

Old 01-20-2017, 01:58 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by prerender