Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the beginning of my 1st dyna

Old 02-02-2017, 09:36 PM
johnwesley
Tourer
Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Brsblls
Yeah, I know the previous owner put in heated grips. I hope he didn't cut up the original wiring too badly. Also I bet I am in for the cam tensioner upgrade. We'll see how much I have to undo before I start making the bike mine.
I'm sure I will need them as well, probably living on borrowed time. I would do it now but don't want t do it twice. Plans are on a big bore, cam, and head work all at the same time.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Brsblls
Road Captain

Received 441 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by johnwesley
I'm sure I will need them as well, probably living on borrowed time. I would do it now but don't want t do it twice. Plans are on a big bore, cam, and head work all at the same time.
We used to read a book the the kids when they were really small - "If you give a mouse a cookie..." That seems to apply to a harley project. If I want to upgrade the intake, then it makes sense to get fuel management. If I am doing that, then upgrading the pipes at the same time makes sense. With more power may need to update the shocks and front end suspension....

Old 02-03-2017, 05:02 PM
johnwesley
Tourer

Originally Posted by Brsblls
We used to read a book the the kids when they were really small - "If you give a mouse a cookie..." That seems to apply to a harley project. If I want to upgrade the intake, then it makes sense to get fuel management. If I am doing that, then upgrading the pipes at the same time makes sense. With more power may need to update the shocks and front end suspension....

see, I'm half way there suspension is done and waiting, stage 1 is there.

issue is really me and not the bike. I have done this to all my bikes. Even the klr was worked over

Last edited by johnwesley; 02-03-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:40 AM
Brsblls
Road Captain

Received 441 Likes on 218 Posts

Thanks, John. Following this thread.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:27 PM
johnwesley
Tourer
Talking

Warning geek post ahead:

I have used pc devices before and with auto tune, they served me well and did as expected. I have been able to work out the bugs and tune in what I needed to do.

Now this PV is AWESOME !!! welcoming me to the new world. At my fingertips I have all the info in real time that I need to tune the bike. This thing is such a man TOY. I have each gauge screen set up to display the vitals that work well together to help tune any trouble areas. Very nice setup. No more tape next to the throttle to measure the tp to help dial in the fuel supply. It's all on the screen in real time, even the VE tables that are setup in the tune. This thing will keep me busy for weeks. It t even has useful info for touring. I can display mpg avg for trip a or b, fuel used and instant mpg. That's the kind of info to help plan fuel stops and keep you out of trouble. So much value in one device and not much more than a pcV. Love this thing, thanks Fuel Moto for the tune it works well on my first little jaunt down the road.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

"Now this PV is AWESOME !!!"...

I think the same thing was said about the PC (personal computer) back in the 80's
Now, this PC is AWESOME !!!

Old 02-28-2017, 02:59 PM
johnwesley
Tourer

After the ride around today I can say it feels like a different motor. It's smooth from 2,000 through the riding range, shifting about 4500. Power is smooth and consistent, it takes fuel from any rpmand doesn't spit, sputter, or chug. Fuel moto did a good job for a generic tune

Old 03-20-2017, 06:25 PM
johnwesley
Tourer

Got caught in the rain a few time lately and the heat shield started to rust. Took some time today to do a little detail with vht.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 PM
johnwesley
Tourer
Old 08-01-2017, 05:21 PM
johnwesley
Tourer

Did new springs and revalve the ddc. Took some pics so you can see the gem that cogent designed. It's an actual cartridge with shim stack on both side and compression relief hole through the center. To change the damping you can change the shim stack and or the center valve which has different size hole. All of these work to change the damping curve. This valve system does have some effect on the rebound as well. When I first had them built I sent the forks in to be dynoed and see what fork oil should be run. We decided on 10wt as that gave the best rebound curve. Then we dailed in the compression using the above details. When Rick returned the forks I had extra parts so I could swap between a plush set up for street or a firmer set up for a more sporting ride.

I'm 230 in my birthday suit and ended up with 1kg forksprings using 40mm preload and the plush shim stack. Presently the shocks are in delivery to cogent for a revalve and freshening up so they will suit the front forks.

I may end up getting longer fork tubes, but that will be decided on after the shocks come back and I get some time in the saddle.

Attached Thumbnails the beginning of my 1st dyna-img_2789.jpg   the beginning of my 1st dyna-img_2790.jpg   the beginning of my 1st dyna-img_2791.jpg   the beginning of my 1st dyna-img_2792.jpg  

Last edited by johnwesley; 08-01-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the beginning of my 1st dyna