Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friend Crashed My FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 09:08 PM
manchez
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
That sucks *****, lost a friend over something similar years ago. He talked a good game about making it right but ......

Up side is it's repairable and if you do your homework. ebay, craigslist and local shops used and pull off piles you'll get back in shape fairly reasonable. Don't listen to the doom & gloomers about it being totaled it's far from from that if your doing it yourself. I'm not seeing frame or drivetrain damage and no oil leaking so most ***** cosmetic and just R&R stuff.
i like the enthusiasm cause realistically speaking thats whats going to end up happening... it really did mainly look mostly cosmetic... I'm just going to have to be patient on the parts.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:10 PM
manchez
Advanced

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
I believe he was referring to your friends garage you were keeping it in
i figured that too... i literally left it only for the last week and a half that i was going to be gone and he wasn't going to ride it cause it had been raining really bad everyday...

Old 01-18-2017, 09:15 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

I don't know your insurance company's rules, but I can share mine:

My insurance policy is for me. The rates are dependent on the bike, of course.

That means if I let somebody operate my vehicle with my permission, I'm covered. Period.

Did you ask your insurance company, or are you just assuming?

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (01-19-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,030 Likes on 2,932 Posts

This is jacked the hell up

OP - least take away a rather important (and gonna be costly) lesson for future reference

Ghost

Old 01-18-2017, 11:03 PM
manchez
Advanced

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I don't know your insurance company's rules, but I can share mine:

My insurance policy is for me. The rates are dependent on the bike, of course.

That means if I let somebody operate my vehicle with my permission, I'm covered. Period.

Did you ask your insurance company, or are you just assuming?
thats a coverage option that was offered to me but i declined it when i first got the insurance... stupid of me i know...

Old 01-18-2017, 11:07 PM
manchez
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ghost_13
This is jacked the hell up

OP - least take away a rather important (and gonna be costly) lesson for future reference

Ghost
yea man tell me bout it... its going to be costly... at the same time like i mentioned earlier I'm finally going to have a reason to upgrade things that I've been wanting to change out without having to explain so much to the wife...

Old 01-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,147 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Originally Posted by thealien
Ever heard of a battery tender/maintainer?
This. It is a lot cheaper than letting an unlicensed driver ride around on your bike. Does your friend have much riding experience?

Last edited by Ikelove; 01-18-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

This whole situation really sucks....BUT it could have been a lot worse, as told by some previous postings. Based on all the information so far, it sounds like you're gonna just have to suck it up and fix the bike, hopefully with some help (both financially and physically) from your friend, assuming he'll heal up in a reasonable amount of time. It's a tough way to learn this lesson, but I'm sure you'll never let anyone else ride your bike. Good luck with the rebuild.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:49 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry for your misfortune manchez. On the good side, you should be able shop for some good prices on eBay to get it back together. Hopefully you can still make it happen by Spring time as well.

FYI to all others, I carry Triple A insurance. Their standard policy covers any licensed driver with MC endorsement to ride or drive any vehicles on my policy. Whether or not we "intend" to let somebody else ride our bikes, it's still a huge plus to have that option.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:53 AM
manchez
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ikelove
This. It is a lot cheaper than letting an unlicensed driver ride around on your bike. Does your friend have much riding experience?
yea you're right... just one of those things i didn't think would happen. and yea he's actually been riding a lot long than i have, probably about 10 years.. like i said, just one of those things...

Quick Reply: Friend Crashed My FXDB