Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friend Crashed My FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:55 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I just checked my State Farm agent.
I'm covered if the other rider has a valid license and my permission.

I don't intend to let someone ride it but it's good to know, before a problem comes up.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Proline1969
Cruiser
Received 184 Likes on 72 Posts

This post got me thinking and I called Allstate. He said " Yes to any licensed driver with my permission is covered ". I also asked if I was covered on someone's bike if they didn't have insurance he said yes " But only damages that I caused , my hospital bills and not the bike "

So basically I don't want to ride yours and Don't Even try to ask to ride mine .

One day I loaned some Chump my bike cause he wanted to buy it and he spilled at the end of the street . His friends my Xs kids came and told me he went down , we all walked down I didn't even care how he was cause I could see he was still breathing and my bike had damaged fairings on both sides, broken levers , cracked pipe , handle bars bent etc... ( he lost control and ran into a cyclone fence ) I think it also ghost rode cause it was like 40' from his sorry a** . Se swore it was all his fault and was still going to buy it . Never paid me a cent and stopped coming over and avoided me like the plague . Was never able to sell it so I ended giving the bike to a kid and his friend that worked at the dealer in return for polishing the wheels and swing arm of my other bike .

Last edited by Proline1969; 01-20-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:25 PM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
The loss didn't fall under "home owner's" policy? Interesting...
it did not. The person who started the fire had no insurance of any kind...

Old 01-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by hollandhunter
it did not. The person who started the fire had no insurance of any kind...
I think they meant your homeowners policy

Old 01-20-2017, 07:17 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,307 Likes on 2,356 Posts

To the OP, I hope you and your friend can work this out. I went through the same thing in the early 70's and repairs came out of my pocket. This is why I don't let people "test drive" a bike I'm selling.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:38 PM
NC Rob
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hollandhunter
I also wanna add a couple of years ago i lost a bike. It was a 2006 harley that i had just paid off and completed my build on. So being the big dummy i was i dropped full coverage during the winter since it was paid off and i wasnt gonna be riding it anyway much in the winter. On dec. 1st that year my dumb *** neighbor was burning trash on a no burn ban day (to dry) and caught my garage on fire. Burnt it to the ground before anyone could get it put out. With my bike in it. Firefighters had to work there butt off just to save my house and it still melted siding on the back of the house. Insurance said it was up to me to pursue any loss with the person who caused the fire. The person who did it is a broke low life who hasnt ever had nothing and never will. So long story short i lost that bike totally. All that was left was the frame pretty much. Lessoned i learned was anything i value will from then on have full coverage insurance plus some. Maybe that will make u feel a little better atleast yours is rebuildable ha. Mine wasnt. Took me a couple of years to save up enough to just make a down payment on my current new one. Talk about sucking *****.
Holy crap dude that is ****ed up. I would have thrown my neighbor in the fire then put out the flame with my tears.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:45 AM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by manchez
i have and know what it is... i dont have anywhere to plug it to in the apartment complex i live in...

...several months? Fill the tank and take the blasted battery out.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:50 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
I think they meant your homeowners policy
no sir. My home owners (kentucky farm bureau) said they would cover some of the garage and some of the contents inside. An they did and then went aftet the guy who burnt it. They are still trying to get money out of him i hear now years later.. But my harley should have had a full coverage auto policy with fire damage to cover it. I hired a lawyer and everything. Did me no good. Lost it...

Lawer told me as well as the insurance thst it didnt matter where the harley was parked i should have had full coverage on it with a AUTO policy if i wanted it replaced. It doesnt matter if you sleep with your harley in your bed room. If you want it covered anyway you better have a auto policy on it. Homeowners will not help you in the event something happens to it.

The insurnace company did get me around 20k to rebuild my garage and replace other items i lost such as tools and what not. Bit it didnt even cover the replacement cost of the damn garage. They said they gave me a depreciation cost of the garage and contents. I ended up have t spend a to. Of money out of my own pocket just to have the garage rebuilt.

Last edited by hollandhunter; 01-21-2017 at 08:57 AM.