Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider S - Battery Trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
Really? Another thread sniveling about the battery?
Get a load of the short version;
"I don't ride my motorcycle!! My battery doesn't last forever un-attended,, I'm sad!! The battery they gave me must be bad!!"
"Instead of charging my battery and riding my bike,, I tried the way that's the least amount of work and care and that still didn't work!!"
"I don't want to be responsible!"
"Please tell me how to place blame on others and buy thing's that makes it easy"
Wow..

The following 2 users liked this post by Mchad:
rockon (01-20-2017), TinCupChalice (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 10:13 PM
pchmotoho
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"I don't ride my motorcycle!! My battery doesn't last forever un-attended,, I'm sad!! The battery they gave me must be bad!!"
"Instead of charging my battery and riding my bike,, I tried the way that's the least amount of work and care and that still didn't work!!"
"Please tell me how to place blame on others and buy thing's that makes it easy"

His battery is less than 2 years old, probably one year old. My battery needed to be jumped at the dealership the day I bought it. Jeez, give the guy a break.

I know I'm just a newbie here on the forum (as far as contributing) but I ride a bike every day for work and have over 500k miles on bikes. I also have two four bank battery tenders hooked up to 6 bikes and an old Mustang so yea every now and then I take a different bike out and can't ride the FXDLS every day but I would still expect a battery to still be good on a 16 or 17 model year bike.

Last edited by pchmotoho; 01-19-2017 at 10:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pchmotoho:
aaron___92 (01-25-2017), rockon (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 10:20 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

You really are a fkn dick.

The following 3 users liked this post by confederate:
JohnMn (01-20-2017), rockon (01-20-2017), TinCupChalice (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 06:17 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Ok,where were we...Oh,the charging system on these bikes is sub-par junk and all the dealer is going to do is replace it with more of the same. I'm no electrical engineer but this is not rocket science either. If it were my problem I would start upgrading anything that had to do with the charging system. Harley had their chance now let the aftermarket have theirs.
http://cycleelectricinc.com/index.html

The following users liked this post:
rockon (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 06:25 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,534 Likes on 3,786 Posts

You are sitting on the perfect tester...Make sure the connections are tight. Other then that, do the math which is the better deal..Warranty or your choice.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:12 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Interestingly enough; my GYZ20HL was new manufacture and fresh in the pipeline when I got it; they'd changed the labeling on the battery to 320 CCA. Upgrades? I dunno, but between the heavier gauge battery cables and the Yuasa battery it spins up this 103" faster than I've ever heard...
I may move on those cables after I see what the new battery does, good info on the 320CCA, I know the stocker was 310 and I'll check to see what the new one is marked with.

The battery is only 7 months old, for a few weeks a total failure is unacceptabe. Go **** yourself and have a nice day.

The following 3 users liked this post by rockon:
crazytown (01-20-2017), dyna-petey (02-21-2017), TinCupChalice (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 09:32 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Since posting up an image of a battery would be at best boring, I thought I'd give the image some extra flair Tasty on a Friday morning!

rockon (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,534 Likes on 3,786 Posts

Tin, you always top it off before a charge. Coke works well, they use to say.

TinCupChalice (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

It's winter Tin, my roads are covered in ice and snow, even a pic of a battery looks great now

My bike was built around AUG 2013 and still has the OEM battery in it, which will be replaced prior to this riding season, whenever that is

Probably around AUG of last year I started getting the Vinerr during start ups, wasn't a big deal, bike always started and nothing more came of it.
For the majority of the time, I've always had the tender hooked up to it when not on it but easily there's been lengths of a week or so that it wasn't.

In OCT/NOV bike was off the tender for a week, temps had dropped some to freezing during the nights but it wasn't arctic yet then, hit the switch and dead. Threw it on the tender for about 10" and went for a ride, no biggy.

Some fair better than others, ante for the game I guess.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:49 AM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Since posting up an image of a battery would be at best boring, I thought I'd give the image some extra flair Tasty on a Friday morning!
Outstanding picture compilation! Well done!

TinCupChalice (01-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Low Rider S - Battery Trouble?