Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lady Riders

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lanesplitter
I have spoken with a few lady riders out west that have Dynas and they all said after the first ride it was a big difference on comfort. My mother in law who rides has a HD heritage and she is a smaller lady. She said the only issue sometimes is backing
You just learn to think about where you're going to park and not make it hard for yourself.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:43 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

I think you'll like that much better.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:00 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Nice looking piece of iron, there.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:06 AM
lanesplitter
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Right now I can park anywhere with no issues or need help lol. This is my second sporty and its been a great bike. I've gone from riding short quick trips to all day trips.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:13 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Yeah its a 103
go sit on it and ride it around. But really, test as many as you can. Even go to a dealer a test a bunch. The newwer ones aren't much different from the older ones so you can get an idea of the over feel, fit, and options. It might get hairy for a minute due to the overwhelming chioce but. You'll eventually lock in on something that you like. From the you can scour the primary and secondary market to find one that fits your need$. Dont let them talk you in to buying something at the dealer. Master the hard stop, like "no, ****" or tell you need to talk to your wifes about it, lol.

Last edited by cvaria; 01-20-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:50 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,383 Likes on 2,951 Posts

If you're looking at longer, "all day" rides, then comfort becomes a safety issue. Motorcycle fitment is also a safety issue. Get the motorcycle that fits you.
If you're looking at all day rides, I suggest an EZ clutch lever. It really makes a good difference. They're cheap too. Also, I've had good luck with BAD&G bags for my dyna. Decent selection of battery box bags and other bags that are not obtrusive. I can understand riding "minimalist" but sometimes, a rider needs their stuff!

Old 01-20-2017, 02:36 PM
lanesplitter
Novice

Yeah I will be going out and trying some this weekend to see which ones I like the best. I deff want to make sure the bike is right for me and not too much bike. I dont want to put myself into a situation that I cant get out of when riding alone for sure. I'm a small gal so I deff need to be able to move it around good

Old 01-20-2017, 06:23 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

I dont want to put myself into a situation that I cant get out of when riding alone for sure. I'm a small gal so I deff need to be able to move it around good
Moving the bike backward up hill can be a challenge on any bike but the shorter your legs are and the heavier the bike the harder it is. So... you just learn to pick your spots. One that is fairly level or always go in uphill so that backing out is always just rolling down hill. Just take a second to think before you park it.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 PM
lanesplitter
Novice

Yeah ill definitely have to learn to pick good spots and not get stuck for sure

Old 01-22-2017, 04:02 PM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

Hello, I currently have a 2014 HD sportster 48 candy paint and have been riding now for about 2 years. So I am still a green pea, but feel the need to move up into the dyna series. I am tired of always having to refuel and the rugged ride on the bike. I am nervous about this bc I am 5'3 130lbs and have looked at few. I worry about not being flat footed, the added weight, and backing up. Can anyone share any experiences moving up? Thanks in advance.
Lanes plotter, if you're on IG, there's a girl named jennyc62 who rides a dyna low rider. You could look her up and maybe talk to her. Just an idea. Good luck. I'd say go for it and get a dyna. I think you'll love it. I do.

Quick Reply: Lady Riders