Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 FXDLS Build Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 08:20 PM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rbdub474
Looks good! Have you put a tune on it yet? I used a PV w/ Fuel Moto tune and it really helped a lot when I put the TBR pipe on mine.
I also put a BMC seat on it, which was a huge improvement over stock.
I have not put a tune yet, going to the vance and hines FP3. I have a saddlemen step-up on my FXDX that I love, I may go the same route on the S as well.

The following users liked this post:
Saddlemen (02-02-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 08:22 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

I've had a few people around here actually liked the wheels. But I'm like most and think they look too brown. Later I'll powder them either a light color closer to a gold or a deep red color depending on how I feel at the time. Either way this a fun bike that lends itself to many different styles of build.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:54 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSSPirate
I agree, the wheels are hideous. HD really missed it with these, if they were a true bronze or gold, it would be awesome. I'll Probably powdercoat them black in the near future. Id let them go if aftermarket wheels weren't as expensive as they are.
Check out the 1967 Mustang GT 350. I'll tell you the colors are pretty much an exact match. I got passed by one on the interstate in San Diego and was an eye opener regarding the colors!!

Attached Thumbnails 17 FXDLS Build Thread-photo882.jpg  
Old 01-27-2017, 11:09 PM
pchmotoho
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Check out the 1967 Mustang GT 350. I'll tell you the colors are pretty much an exact match. I got passed by one on the interstate in San Diego and was an eye opener regarding the colors!!
Im one of the few that love the wheels. The entire look of the bike for that matter. FYI that's a 66 GT350 and yes the gold that Shelby American used for the Hertz models is pretty much an exact match.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:11 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

If it were mine I'm pretty sure the first thing to go would be that intake cone.But that's just me.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:12 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
If it were mine I'm pretty sure the first thing to go would be that intake cone.But that's just me.

I may replace it with something else in the future, not sure if I like it yet or not. My knee doesn't hit it which is good, but I don't know how I feel about the look yet.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

I'd like to replace mine with the extreme ventilator style. Assuming I wouldn't experience a performance difference. With the factory heavy breather and forward controls, when I abruptly let off the throttle from wide open throttle, my right knee hits the air cleaner.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:41 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSSPirate
I may replace it with something else in the future, not sure if I like it yet or not. My knee doesn't hit it which is good, but I don't know how I feel about the look yet.
I feel ya. I had to put one on because the knee irritation was just maddening to me. It's not my favorite look, but after much consideration function won out.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

I put the screamin eagle cover on it and think it looks a little better. Then again, a pretty much always have the rain sock on so you can't really see it

Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,373 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Looks like the OP has some awesome plans for his new bike.

I'm thinking, with all the "resistance" to the wheel color, they are going to be sought after in the future. Just like the front drum brakes on Sporties so many years ago. Riders changed out the drums for superior disk brake systems. Now, rebuilders can't find "correct" drum brakes to complete their rebuilds back to OEM.
I think these "BS" (baby *hit) wheels will be the same situation...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 17 FXDLS Build Thread