Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultracool oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 11:38 PM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ultracool oil cooler

Anyone here use an ultracool oil cooler? I just installed one today, it turned out great in conjunction with filter relocation and flo filter. Still waiting for my battery cables and shorter shift linkage so it will be a few days before I get to test everything out. But I think it's gonna really help out a lot this summer.

The following 2 users liked this post by dpoll995:
boston jim (02-05-2017), hometeam (06-16-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 11:45 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Nice set up. I always add a cooler on a bike that doesn't come with one. Running cooler makes the engine last longer and run stronger.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:01 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Looking good. I will be going with a similar setup. Likely the oilbud so I can keep my bung king crash bar. Is that the 3guyz relocation kit?

Old 02-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
Looking good. I will be going with a similar setup. Likely the oilbud so I can keep my bung king crash bar. Is that the 3guyz relocation kit?
I have one too, and discovered the problem with the Bung King bar after the fact. Tried to get a pair of extension cables made up for the regulator so I can relocate it up a couple of inches, but I haven't heard back from the place who said they'd make them in a few weeks. I expect that's not happening.

I only installed the Ultracool in late Sept, so I can't attest to any difference yet, but how could it not? I did have a slight problem of the fans rattling a little when on, which I fixed by loosening and moving the housing (cover) slightly, but it ca,e back. Haven't looked too hard at it again though, as its not that loud. May just live with it.

Interested in that relocation kit too. I like the AN fittings vs. clamps personally.

The only thing that would concern me about the filter relocation is if I didn't have a crash guard on the bike. If you dropped it w/o one you risk tearing the filter off and ending up stranded. But with a bar you should be good.

Last edited by Mchad; 02-05-2017 at 08:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
boston jim (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Very nicely done! The 3Guyz kit and the PCS4B looks great Cooler engine, a happy, stronger running, longer lasting engine. Now you're getting ready for that Texas summer!

Edit: Mchad: http://www.3guyz.com/vtwin-motorcycl...tegory=1575036

I upgraded my oil filter relocation to a full 3Guyz kit

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 02-05-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Yeah, I want one. Actually two... Ugh.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:48 AM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Ya I thought about adding an engine guard now too, but the only one I like is the mustache style. I'm not sure if it would fit though. It looks like the top curve might conflict with the relocation kit. My C&C seat should be here this week too. I'll be ready for the summer bike wise, now if there was something to keep me nice and cool when sitting in traffic.....

Old 02-05-2017, 12:44 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

I like the idea and the way those look. Now I guess I have something else to do this spring..

Old 02-05-2017, 03:40 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I have one too, and discovered the problem with the Bung King bar after the fact. Tried to get a pair of extension cables made up for the regulator so I can relocate it up a couple of inches, but I haven't heard back from the place who said they'd make them in a few weeks. I expect that's not happening.

I only installed the Ultracool in late Sept, so I can't attest to any difference yet, but how could it not? I did have a slight problem of the fans rattling a little when on, which I fixed by loosening and moving the housing (cover) slightly, but it ca,e back. Haven't looked too hard at it again though, as its not that loud. May just live with it.

Interested in that relocation kit too. I like the AN fittings vs. clamps personally.

The only thing that would concern me about the filter relocation is if I didn't have a crash guard on the bike. If you dropped it w/o one you risk tearing the filter off and ending up stranded. But with a bar you should be good.
I like the thought of fans with an oil cooler (which the oilbud does not have) but would want it mounted horizontally and that is not an option. Thank you for pointing out that the two (ultra cool and BK bar) did not play well together by the way.

Solid point on having a bar with the filter relocate.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ktp1598
I like the idea and the way those look. Now I guess I have something else to do this spring..
That makes two of us. Next oil change perhaps... I will braided SS lines though.

Quick Reply: Ultracool oil cooler