Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The latest with the 117

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:59 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Nickd,

Oh NO, I hope I didn't come across as being rude by any means.

I was trying to say that the MoCo did it pretty well with the 117" Big Bore kits. Bonus, if done within the correct time frame, it can be warrantied too.

Aftermarket big bore kits will/have always produce bigger numbers.

On the top right hand of the Dyno sheets show STD (Uncorrected) or SAE. (Corrected)

Enjoy!

YB

Old 02-14-2017, 08:15 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Nickd,

I was trying to say that the MoCo did it pretty well with the 117" Big Bore kits. Bonus, if done within the correct time frame, it can be warrantied too.

On the top right hand of the Dyno sheets show STD (Uncorrected) or SAE. (Corrected)

Enjoy!

YB
wait, what? Rude? No not at all. Did my response seem offended? I didn't take your message as rude at all, and my message wasn't meant to sound offended or anything. When you only have words, it's hard to perceive attitude/tone/expression. You and me have had a lot of conversations, so we both know the other NEVER means to be rude. No worries bro, I think you misinterpreted my response. Reading it a second time, I see how my response could seem "agitated". Definitely not the case.

Anyway, yes I agree 100% with everything you said. Lol I stated that I was "well aware my numbers were a little low" cause I've been talkin this whole time like I have the fastest bike in the world, point is: I'm not delusional lol. Anyway my papers are in my truck which is still at the Harley dealer cause I wanted the bike more than the truck lol. Maybe I'll get the truck next week....or the week after. Anyway, I'll see if my girl can grab em out of my truck tomorrow since she works there.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:02 AM
rlmharley
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Nick that's awesome! I'm glad you enjoy the 117. I know I love mine. If your interested in a little more power besides a fine tune change your front sprocket to a 30 tooth. Mine is pulling 110hp and 131tq its a freakin blast to ride. Hell my RG is pissed off now since I always pull the lwrs out and leave her sitting alone. Be safe on it man it will grab you by the boo boo. Burn rubber not your soul. 👍🏻

Old 02-15-2017, 02:46 AM
sempai
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ...to preserve "the 117".....

...finally i read a 3D with many fans of the 117 !!!!! i'm very happy!!

Hoping to help someone, i give you my esperience of 5000 miles (about - 7500 km), particularly for the summer travel.
My 117 got an impressive oil temperature (manometer), so i put on it a fan oil cooler and i'll change the spark plugs with Others more "colder" .....

In this way i hope to keep temperatures low, because otherwise it's a big problem .......
(sorry for my writing...)

Old 02-15-2017, 06:03 AM
Surly
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Nickd,

Enjoy!

YB
Nick get some fuel in it and fast. You will love it as much as I love mine.

Yellowbird STD is a different correction factor to SAE. It is not Uncorrected or Actual. I can't remember which but dynojet uses Uncorrected or Actual when that is the case. STD is usually a little higher than SAE.

Cheers,
Surly

Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rlmharley
Nick that's awesome! I'm glad you enjoy the 117. I know I love mine. If your interested in a little more power besides a fine tune change your front sprocket to a 30 tooth. Mine is pulling 110hp and 131tq its a freakin blast to ride. Hell my RG is pissed off now since I always pull the lwrs out and leave her sitting alone. Be safe on it man it will grab you by the boo boo. Burn rubber not your soul. 👍🏻
alright thank you for bringin this up, cause i got questions. First of all. Which product is everyone using, cause I always read about the 30 tooth sprocket. Only I thought it was the rear everyone was changing. Second, what is the factory sprocket tooth count, and what does this do to top speed/acceleration/etc? I've been reluctant to mess with the sprocket since I haven't found a good thread explaining it yet, and don't want to end up breakin **** lol. But yea those numbers do sound nice.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:14 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Surly
Nick get some fuel in it and fast. You will love it as much as I love mine.

Yellowbird STD is a different correction factor to SAE. It is not Uncorrected or Actual. I can't remember which but dynojet uses Uncorrected or Actual when that is the case. STD is usually a little higher than SAE.

Cheers,
Surly

Surly,

I was alway under the impression that Std, was a Uncorrected SAE was a corrected format of measurement.
You are correct that STD is generally acouple points more. (IIRC about 4-5)

Either way, it's still an awesome upgrade that I feel is well worth the money spent.

Thanks.

YB

Old 02-15-2017, 08:06 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 141 Posts

The common swap I always saw done was a 30t front and 70t rear pulley swap. It allows to keep the stock belt length and gives a little more acceleration but loses a little top end speed.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:13 AM
lowboy72
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I feel you on wanting to tune it yourself. I have done a lot of road tuning with cars and I would only put my car on a dyno to verify my tune, mostly out of pride. Motorcycles are significantly more difficult however because it is almost impossible to view the parameters live and compare to logs after the fact to make adjustments. For that reason I started with an initial dyno tune and will tweak as needed. I have included a copy of my dyno. I do not have the fuel curve with me, but I seen it at the tuner shop. It was almost identical to yours prior to the tune. Once adjusted, it netted the HP/TQ you see below.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
The common swap I always saw done was a 30t front and 70t rear pulley swap. It allows to keep the stock belt length and gives a little more acceleration but loses a little top end speed.

lol how much is a little....

Quick Reply: The latest with the 117