Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burly Cable Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 01:07 PM
rydercheers
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The front brake line from the 12 inch ape kit i used could be a couple inches shorter but its fine

Old 02-17-2017, 11:57 AM
kgfrew
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@rydercheers ...Yea I didn't want to wait to piece it all together when clearly it was going to cost at least twice as much. My problem is they don't have a tbar kit for the year of my bike so thats why I went ahead and purchased the ape kit for my year/model. Do you remember what size kit you purchased? 12in? How tall is your raiser/handlebar setup? Thanks bro.

I am supposed to be receiving the bars today and the wiring/cable kit on Monday. I will post pictures before and after I mount the bars.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:26 PM
rydercheers
Cruiser

I got the 12 Inch kit and I'm right at 12 inches with bars and risers but I'm starting to realize that my clutch cable is too long. I'm all the way adjusted out. I may have to swap out my clutch cable to a new one that's shorter or see if I can find my stock one.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:34 PM
kgfrew
Intermediate

Okay well I'm hoping that my new bars being 14in will offset some of that extra cable. So I'm guessing you went ahead and installed the hole kit even where you didn't need it? I'm only planning on mounting my bars then only putting on what I need extended. Any advice for me when I do the install?

Old 02-17-2017, 01:30 PM
rydercheers
Cruiser

Yeah I used everything if you're internally wiring the bars run everything through and see if you even need to used the extensions for the wiring harness. I put them and and ended up cutting them all out cause it was miles too long and you maybe alright being that tall with all the new cables.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM
kgfrew
Intermediate

Taking the old bars off was quick and painless.

These are the bars I purchased on ebay. $150 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVID...501074?vxp=mtr

Mock up with my fairing. I sat on her and the height feels perfect. We will see once I put a few miles on them.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:10 PM
kgfrew
Intermediate

So the wiring harness only attaches to the speedo and tach. The wires running to the bars for all the controls go straight under the tank. Is that normal? I figured they would all be connected to the harness.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:36 PM
kgfrew
Intermediate

so is the main wiring harness inside the frame of the bike? That's what the wires the kit comes with are for correct?

Old 02-17-2017, 09:03 PM
kgfrew
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kgfrew
so is the main wiring harness inside the frame of the bike? That's what the wires the kit comes with are for correct?
I googled the installation kit for the bars and answered a lot of my own questions. Below is the link for anyone looking into doing the same thing. And yes the connector housings for both are deep into the front of the frame. I unbolted the tank to lift the front for more clearance and after about 30 minutes of pulling/jiggling i finally got both housings out.

http://www.burlybrand.com/literature...it%20WAPPS.pdf

Old 02-20-2017, 03:31 PM
b1gj0n44
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea that wiring process is a B. Getting the wiring back in the fram is pretty tough too. Its easier if you are able to get to the wiring from the back and pull, but you will either need to remove the rear wheel or lift it on a stand to give yourself enough clearance. Some wiring lube helped too. But that process was a PITA

Quick Reply: Burly Cable Kits?