Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FP3 to Power Vision, is it worth it

Old 02-22-2017, 12:11 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I don't see how it can 'overwrite' the map; but, there is adaptive learning going on, as you ride there will be tweaks made to the map as the ECM learns you and your riding style and creates adaptive fuel tables, but the idea is it's enhancing your flashed map, not overwriting it...
Ok cool. I have a choice of upgrade right now. One is the PV, the other is a different version of the exhaust. When I bought this Road Rage, I did not know there was another one that routed both header pipes around the cone. I guess they call this the RR 2. The current RR I have has the rear header pipe such that I need to adjust rear brake pedal which has taken away responsiveness. So I'm on the fence. I'm not going to do anymore engine upgrades though. It's got plenty of power and I don't have any friends that ride so there isn't even the reason of d*ck measuring to get me to give it more power LOL

Old 02-22-2017, 12:17 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
Ok cool. I have a choice of upgrade right now. One is the PV, the other is a different version of the exhaust. When I bought this Road Rage, I did not know there was another one that routed both header pipes around the cone. I guess they call this the RR 2. The current RR I have has the rear header pipe such that I need to adjust rear brake pedal which has taken away responsiveness. So I'm on the fence. I'm not going to do anymore engine upgrades though. It's got plenty of power and I don't have any friends that ride so there isn't even the reason of d*ck measuring to get me to give it more power LOL
I'm having a hard time imagining that the O2 sensors are in the 'wrong' position on your pipe; not quite sure why V&H would say that; but I'm not an EFI expert. It may be a combination of O2 sensor position, pipe, map, and the FP3? If your ECM seems to unlearn as it's altering the adaptive fuel tables turn off the ECM's adaptive loop in the Power Vision; problem solved

I'd get a Power Vision and keep your pipe

Old 02-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

I'm having a hard time imagining that the O2 sensors are in the 'wrong' position on your pipe; not quite sure why V&H would say that; but I'm not an EFI expert. It may be a combination of O2 sensor position, pipe, map, and the FP3? If your ECM seems to unlearn as it's altering the adaptive fuel tables turn off the ECM's adaptive loop in the Power Vision; problem solved

Ohhhhhhhhh, that in and of itself may be worth it! Will codes get thrown, or it will be ok since the O2 sensors are still connected?

Old 02-22-2017, 01:17 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Ohhhhhhhhh, that in and of itself may be worth it! Will codes get thrown, or it will be ok since the O2 sensors are still connected?
Turning off the adaptive is one of the options in quick tune with the Power Vision; I've run with the adaptive both on and off; never any codes or issues. Turning off the adaptive the ECM just quits 'learning' and runs the fuel tables exactly as they were flashed.

I really like the quick tune feature of the Power Vision; once I've flashed my latest auto tune run I lower my idle by -100 and from there will tweak the fuel decel and V/E decel percentages to get zero decel popping or burbling when off-throttle.

You can also turn off that silly EITMS in quick tune; another win

And FYI: I do run a Jerzee oil pressure gauge and lowering your idle by a -100 does not alter the oil pressure at idle; at a -150 you'll start to see the oil pressure begin to drop...

Old 02-22-2017, 01:36 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

I've spoken to Vance and Hines regarding my Bassani Road Rage 3 and they told me the same thing. Because the O2 sensor isn't totally submerged in the exhaust stream, the FP3 map has issues. They told me if I saw the check engine light, to disconnect and plug the o2 sensors.

I've seen several members here with my bike and exhaust that are running the power vision that don't seem to have any issues. That's what led me to buy one. It should arrive today.

Last edited by DivineDark; 02-22-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DivineDark
I've spoken to Vance and Hines regarding my Bassani Road Rage 3 and they told me the same thing. Because the O2 sensor isn't totally submerged in the exhaust stream, the FP3 map has issues.

I've seen several members here with my bike and exhaust that are running the power vision that don't seem to have any issues. That's what led me to buy one. It should arrive today.
Thanks for jumping in! Do you recall if they turned off the adaptive loop? I've been doing some reading based on what TCC said, and it seems genral consensus is turning off adaptive is just a band aid and really doesn't solve the issue (which would make sense if the problem is the way Bassani made the O2 ports).

Old 02-22-2017, 01:49 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

V&H has sent some special maps to people in our situation that somehow turns the check engine light off. People with the Power Vision have said that they didn't have a check engine light at all after installing the proper map. I'm really new to this, but I think turning off adaptive loop just runs purely off of the fuel map you installed and takes the O2 sensors out of the loop completely.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:08 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

V&H has sent some special maps to people in our situation that somehow turns the check engine light off. People with the Power Vision have said that they didn't have a check engine light at all after installing the proper map. I'm really new to this, but I think turning off adaptive loop just runs purely off of the fuel map you installed and takes the O2 sensors out of the loop completely.
I'm going back and forth with Bob at Fuel Moto right now in email. I just asked him if he is aware of that issue with the O2's not being submerged enough in the Bassani. I also asked how their map would help with that. If The answers are good I will order one.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:11 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

I'm going back and forth with Bob at Fuel Moto right now in email. I just asked him if he is aware of that issue with the O2's not being submerged enough in the Bassani. I also asked how their map would help with that. If The answers are good I will order one.
Awesome! Please put his answers here. I've just received my Power Vision a few minutes ago. Should be hooking it up tomorrow or Friday.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Awesome! Please put his answers here. I've just received my Power Vision a few minutes ago. Should be hooking it up tomorrow or Friday.
Awesome! Please let me know how it goes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FP3 to Power Vision, is it worth it