Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FP3 to Power Vision, is it worth it

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:18 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by DivineDark
V&H has sent some special maps to people in our situation that somehow turns the check engine light off. People with the Power Vision have said that they didn't have a check engine light at all after installing the proper map. I'm really new to this, but I think turning off adaptive loop just runs purely off of the fuel map you installed and takes the O2 sensors out of the loop completely.
That is interesting info on the Bassani pipe; I was unaware of how their O2 sensor position was causing issues with FP3 maps.

Turning off adaptive won't alter the O2 sensors; a closed-loop system provides real-time exhaust gas monitoring and more precise fuel and ignition advance curves and you'd need to turn off closed loop in the Power Vision to take the O2 sensors out of the equation; just turning off the adaptive loop wouldn't remove them...

Old 02-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
That is interesting info on the Bassani pipe; I was unaware of how their O2 sensor position was causing issues with FP3 maps.

Turning off adaptive won't alter the O2 sensors; a closed-loop system provides real-time exhaust gas monitoring and more precise fuel and ignition advance curves and you'd need to turn off closed loop in the Power Vision to take the O2 sensors out of the equation; just turning off the adaptive loop wouldn't remove them...
So in your opinion, would the PV still be a good route or would you flip the bird to Bassani and find an exhaust that is designed properly?

Old 02-22-2017, 02:26 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

I don't think the Bassani is a bad design, I think it's just a bad combination with the more limited tuning capabilities of the FP3; as DivineDark posted, folks are running the Bassani and the Power Vision with no issues; I'm still in the get the Power Vision camp

Old 02-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Awesome! Please put his answers here. I've just received my Power Vision a few minutes ago. Should be hooking it up tomorrow or Friday.
SO Jamie responded this time. I am not sure if V&H are just bashing Bassani, but FM is neutral to that so I may need to take their word for it:

Hello, we have not had any issues with the O2 sensor bung design or placement in the Bassani exhausts. We have many, many customers running our Power Vision tunes. I would not expect any issues with the FP3 in this regard either as we are using the same ECM and O2 sensors.

Thank you.........Jamie

2215 Kelbe Dr
Little Chute, WI 54140
Sales/Tech 920-423-3309
Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components
www.fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-22-2017, 02:32 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Here is the video of a guy with a Street Bob with the RR3 and FP3 that is having the issue. He isn't very good at explaining it, but you can see the check engine light.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:34 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Awesome! Please put his answers here. I've just received my Power Vision a few minutes ago. Should be hooking it up tomorrow or Friday.
Yessssssss....

And the fun begins! A few tricks I've learned; always do an auto tune run with the bike fully warmed up first. During an auto tune run the bike will run for absolute crap, don't let that worry you. When you finish an auto tune run never use the ignition switch to shut down the bike, use the kill switch and keep the electrics hot. From there you can stop the auto tune run, save it to your custom tunes, apply it to the ECM; then shut down the ignition...

Old 02-22-2017, 02:36 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Yessssssss....

And the fun begins! A few tricks I've learned; always do an auto tune run with the bike fully warmed up first. During an auto tune run the bike will run for absolute crap, don't let that worry you. When you finish an auto tune run never use the ignition switch to shut down the bike, use the kill switch and keep the electrics hot. From there you can stop the auto tune run, save it to your custom tunes, apply it to the ECM; then shut down the ignition...
I don't really have the option with the Low Rider S. You just have a kill switch and the fob. There is no ignition switch.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

I don't think the Bassani is a bad design, I think it's just a bad combination with the more limited tuning capabilities of the FP3; as DivineDark posted, folks are running the Bassani and the Power Vision with no issues; I'm still in the get the Power Vision camp
Ordered

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 02:42 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

I don't really have the option with the Low Rider S. You just have a kill switch and the fob. There is no ignition switch.
Aw, man. Sorry, I forgot about that. If I had your ride I'd keep the bike running and stop the auto tune run and save it to custom tunes before I shut the bike down. Stupid FOBS...

Don't know exactly why, but I've done dozens of auto tune runs and those that are saved when the electrics are still hot seem more accurate; not sure if it's how the PV saves data but I just go with it

If you mount the PV on the bars you can set it up to display the fuel cells during the auto tune run; you'll see them go from green to yellow to orange to red. When the cell is red, it's maxed out on data points for that run. Your goal is to fill as many fuel cells with red as you can. Watching the auto tune run happen you can alter your riding to try and hit as many cells as you can...

Old 02-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Twospot
Road Captain

Sure you do. It's on the left side between the cylinders... where the horn is on every other big twin Harley. We have the little wussy horn in the front

Quick Reply: FP3 to Power Vision, is it worth it