Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Help me decide
FXDXI
68.18%
FXD
31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide!! Fxdx or Fxd!

Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,224 Likes on 3,608 Posts

Get the FXDXI, better frame, suspension and brakes. If you simply like to putt/tour and want bags go with the later FXD.

The following users liked this post:
Heisenbucks (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 10:38 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Dude that DXI has been there at least 5 months. I was searching and stumbled on that one so many times. Walk in there with $6,500!

Heisenbucks (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 10:40 PM
Heisenbucks
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bwoltz
Get the FXDXI, better frame, suspension and brakes. If you simply like to putt/tour and want bags go with the later FXD.
I should've mentioned, I will mostly be commuting to work with the occasional day trip.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:41 PM
Heisenbucks
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
Dude that DXI has been there at least 5 months. I was searching and stumbled on that one so many times. Walk in there with $6,500!
You're kidding!!!

Old 02-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Heisenbucks
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
Damn!! I'm shocked but glad I posted it here I was hoping someone would recognize it.

Now I'm worried.... whats wrong with it!??? Why hasn't it sold.....

Im having it shipped cross country. I'm not trying to buy a LEMON or a Fixer upper. I'm looking to ride everyday ASAP!

Last edited by Heisenbucks; 02-22-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,224 Likes on 3,608 Posts

Originally Posted by Heisenbucks
I should've mentioned, I will mostly be commuting to work with the occasional day trip.
IIRC you can still get soft bags for the DX if you want to carry stuff to work.. I have a DX and used a backpack tho.. If you are much over 200 lbs you'll need better front springs.

From the looks if it, if it's been sitting, make sure the battery is in good shape.

Heisenbucks (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Heisenbucks
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bwoltz
IIRC you can still get soft bags for the DX if you want to carry stuff to work.. I have a DX and used a backpack tho.. If you are much over 200 lbs you'll need better front springs.

From the looks if it, if it's been sitting, make sure the battery is in good shape.

I'm about 140lbs dry. Yea, I was always back packing on my fxdb.

I'm honestly a little worried if its been sitting at a dealer for 5months.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:58 AM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts

I think the reason it hasnt sold is pricing. For roughly the same price you get the 96" with a 6 speed and hydraulic cam chain tensoners. I prefer the newer dynas with the beefier front end myself. I also think the blond motor looks pretty sharp. IMO run of the mill are all the blacked out bikes. When a DX comes past me from the other direction I see a narrow glide and think sportster. The week point of the newer dyna's is the compensator assembly, which when going bad gives distinct symptoms. The week link in the 05 would be the spring cam chain tensioners which could be upgraded to the hydraulic kit or do the job right and go to gear drive. The DX has dual disc front brakes which is desirable by most.
If your set on an FXDX I think 99 through 01 are equiped with timken bearings. Might go all the way to 05-not sure. These are all things that should be considered before throwing 7-8k at a bike.

Heisenbucks (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Heisenbucks
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fskitch
I think the reason it hasnt sold is pricing. For roughly the same price you get the 96" with a 6 speed and hydraulic cam chain tensoners. I prefer the newer dynas with the beefier front end myself. I also think the blond motor looks pretty sharp. IMO run of the mill are all the blacked out bikes. When a DX comes past me from the other direction I see a narrow glide and think sportster. The week point of the newer dyna's is the compensator assembly, which when going bad gives distinct symptoms. The week link in the 05 would be the spring cam chain tensioners which could be upgraded to the hydraulic kit or do the job right and go to gear drive. The DX has dual disc front brakes which is desirable by most.
If your set on an FXDX I think 99 through 01 are equiped with timken bearings. Might go all the way to 05-not sure. These are all things that should be considered before throwing 7-8k at a bike.

I don't believe the 04-05 have the timken but they have fuel injection. I guess it's a trade off. I just left my bank they're gonna run the vin and determine the value. If they value it a lot lower than 7200 then they aren't willing to loan me the money. Kinda nervous about the whole thing now.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

FXDX in a heartbeat!

I would trade my 07 for that forsure.. i like the dx very much.. rides like a champ

my 07 dyna feels heavy comparet to it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me decide!! Fxdx or Fxd!