Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mag Wheel Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Jackpoticorn
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Mag Wheel Swap

Maybe a dumb question and probably answered before - but will '17 FXDLS mag rims swap right in for my spoked wheels on a '14 FXDB? Going to do the dual disc conversion and have a lead on a set of FXDLS rims with rotors and bearings already installed. Simple swap yes?

Old 02-24-2017, 11:11 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

I believe so. I could be wrong, but as long as it has 25mm bearings you should be good? dont quote me.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:53 PM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I think so too, Only question I would have is the S comes with ABS and the sensor acts as a wheel spacer, one in front and one in rear. I can't see why HD would cut 2 different wheels for the FXDLS and FXDL, but something to think about. May be a dumb point to make, bt you never know with HD. Other than that Im 99% sure they'll fit.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSSPirate
I think so too, Only question I would have is the S comes with ABS and the sensor acts as a wheel spacer, one in front and one in rear. I can't see why HD would cut 2 different wheels for the FXDLS and FXDL, but something to think about. May be a dumb point to make, bt you never know with HD. Other than that Im 99% sure they'll fit.
He's got a street bob, not a low rider. Bob is single disc. May not matter, but that's the difference.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:12 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackpoticorn
Maybe a dumb question and probably answered before - but will '17 FXDLS mag rims swap right in for my spoked wheels on a '14 FXDB? Going to do the dual disc conversion and have a lead on a set of FXDLS rims with rotors and bearings already installed. Simple swap yes?
Sure it's been answered many times before...you might have even asked before

Easy swap, changing bearings if needed (ABS vs Non)...hell you could even run ABS equipped wheels on a NON equipped bike if you wanted to...just use reduced length spacers Front-Left and Right-Rear

Old 02-25-2017, 12:33 PM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
He's got a street bob, not a low rider. Bob is single disc. May not matter, but that's the difference.
I understand that, what Im saying is the street bob comes with two normal wheel spacers. The S as you know, has a spacer on the exhaust side and the ABS sensor+ a thinner spacer on the primary side (for the front wheel). My question was, is the width of the ABS module plus the smaller spacer on the S wheels the same width as the street bob spacer on the primary side. I would check but I don't have a micrometer handy, I don't see why they wouldn't fit. The standard FXDL wheels are a straight swap on a FXDB. So if the S wheels are the exact same as the FXDL wheels, then the S wheels will fit fine on the FXDB. The FXDL doesn't come standard with ABS and I don't think the S and DL wheels are cut differently to accommodate for the ABS sensor. Kind of hard to explain but I hope people pick up what I'm putting down.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:51 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by TheSSPirate
...bunch of stuff here...
For ABS, the Front Left "Primary Bearing" side uses a 1pc Combo sensor/spacer which is thinner to accommodate the increased width of the ABS bearing

Wheels are the same (Dimensionally)

Width (ABS 1pc. combo sensor/spacer + ABS bearing) = Width (STD spacer + STD bearing)

Old 02-25-2017, 01:12 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Just change the bearings. Cheap and easy.

FXDL and FXDLS wheels are the same, minus the finish and perhaps the abs bearing if applicable.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Also do yourself a favor and order Timken 205PP bearings for the wheels instead of the cheap chinesium **** that the moco uses in them.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:47 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by Otter
Just change the bearings. Cheap and easy.

FXDL and FXDLS wheels are the same, minus the finish and perhaps the abs bearing if applicable.
Originally Posted by Otter
Also do yourself a favor and order Timken 205PP bearings for the wheels instead of the cheap chinesium **** that the moco uses in them.
Phew...good thing you showed up

205pp is a quality bearing... That's a bearing industry standard #6205-2rs. Every Quality bearing manufacturer makes a 6205-2rs (or their particular # equivalent)

Quick Reply: Mag Wheel Swap