Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since it was cold this weekend, i decided to work on the Glide.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 06:58 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Since it was cold this weekend, i decided to work on the Glide.

Being the weather was cold, and I got a bunch of parts in I decided to work in the shop on my Glide this weekend. I got my Ohlins NIX22 fork cartridges, springs, and #5 Ohlins fork oil in from Speeddealer.com, And got my billet shift linkage, K&N replacement filter, Manual primary adjuster, and gaskets from the local MoCo. I did the forks and billet shift linkage today, and will do the primary adjuster and K&N tomorrow. What a huge difference in ride and handling with the Ohlins! All I can say is it doesn't ride or handle like the same bike. I got to give Kudo's to Matt the tech at the Ohlins factory in North Carolina that set up both my rear shocks and my fork package. He told me where to set the compression and rebound settings, where to set free sag and ride height, and hooked me up with spring rates they don't normally sell due to my boney azz weight of 117lbs. Here is some pics.

getting it stripped.

the adjustments at the top after the install.

the crap that got replaced.

shift linkage.

manual primary adjuster i'll install tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Nice work and very nice shop you have there!!

Old 02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
bl_dg
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

+1 on the shop - very nice.

I like the eyebolt through the frame for the front tie downs. That should go in the "How To" sticky.

Good job with the mods.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:40 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

North Carolina?..Interesting.Fast Bike Industries is out of there. Then again the owner used to work for Ohlins. Did you buy direct? Just curious.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:03 PM
W.Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by bl_dg
+1 on the shop - very nice.

I like the eyebolt through the frame for the front tie downs. That should go in the "How To" sticky.

Good job with the mods.

Thanks for the comments guys!
That is actually one of the tie-down loops my lift came with, and I added a rubber washer so it wouldn't scratch the frame when I stuck it on. That little cross member between the down tubes already had a hole in it, so that was kind of a no brainer to use it. In place of the tie down loops I mounted "boat buckle" tie downs I robbed off 2 of my bass boats which will handle 5K lbs., and work really nicely. I drilled my lift and added 2 at the rear as well. When I get time i'll have to make a youtube video and post it so everyone can see how much better they work than regular tie-downs. I can pull my Glide on my lift and have all 4 corners secured before you can get 1 normal strap set, and it's rock solid. Here's the pics of the "boat buckles" which are self retracting.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:12 PM
W.Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by HrdNox
North Carolina?..Interesting.Fast Bike Industries is out of there. Then again the owner used to work for Ohlins. Did you buy direct? Just curious.

No sir, I bought thru Speeddealer.com and dealt with Jordan. They are out of Joplin Mo. which is about 100 miles from where I live. Matt the tech at Ohlins got all my info, had the stuff built to my weight specs., and sent me the setup info thru Jordan. I can't say enough good about either one of those guys. Jordan is great to deal with, and Matt sent him all the info I asked for. All at the best price you will get on Ohlins products. I should correct the website as it's Speeddealercustoms.com