Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPRINGER FRONT for 07'DYNA

Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
warrenrx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPRINGER FRONT for 07'DYNA

I'M looking to add a springer front end to a 2007 Dyna Streetbob. Didnt know if the Harley one would work or would I need to go with Paughco or some other aftermarket. I prefer the prices of Paughco for sure. I would have to change wheels and brakes for sure, but thats not a problem. Looking to spend 3K for the upgrade. I had a springer before this bike and miss it something terrible. I love springers. Not a speed demon so I am not concerned about issues of speed. I would run a built out 124 S&S with a springer. Not afraid to turn high speeds on a springer, if set up correctly they handle great. The main problem is that bounce you get in turns at high speed. I have never had a springer yet that wouldnt want to walk out of a turn at extreme high speeds. Its just the nature. Why do ya think they use hydralic fronts on sport bikes. But anyway, does anyone know the size (length) of springer I need to order to set this bike up correctly.

Thanks very much>>>ALL ideas are welcome I am very open minded.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:19 PM
gorilla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SPRINGER FRONT for 07'DYNA

You're in luck. I am in the middle of this conversion right now. Also, kpreese has already done this. A stock length harley springer will work. It's not a simple plug and play though. A little modification needs to be done to the lower bearing contact surface. All in all, if you have some technical knowledge and ability it's not too bad. Of course, the more you deviate from the stock set up, the more you'll have to fabricate. My current issue is brake bracket clearance because I switched to a 16" wheel and fat tire. If you do the switch, holla at me. I'd be more than happy to help. And kpreese has been very helpful with mine. Laters!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:21 PM
RichWarchild
Intermediate

Talk to Jeri at ( www.jeris-springer.com ). I had him build a custom springer for my '06 Street Bob. He should have all the measurments already and can probably do that $3k range of yours. So far i'm in love with the front end.

http://www.jeris-springer.com/bikeph...ild/index.html Thats the link to my bike on his page.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../Jeris%20Pics/ Thats my personal link of pics he took

Old 06-29-2007, 06:15 PM
warrenrx
Intermediate

Thanks guys for the information. There isnt a lot out there. Thanks so much