Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny Observation - Crotch Rockets

Old 07-12-2007, 07:16 AM
TimDynaBob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Observation - Crotch Rockets

So, I'm cruisin' down the local higway yesterday afternoon on my bob, and in the distance I can see 4 or 5 bikes coming toward me in the other direction. They were spaced apart with little traffic by about 400 feet, so I don't think they were a "group" riding together.

Anyway, as each passed me, I noticed that their left arms were off the handlebars and curled in their lap as if the arm was broken - same exact scene for each of the 5 bikers...as they rode by. The looks on their faces were of somewhere between mild discomfort and pain...those I could see anyway.

So about another 500 feet later, here comes another bike, this one's a Harley DWG, and the dude looks just as comfy as can be - he glances my way, shoots me a wave and shakes his head like "yup...I saw them all too..."

It just makes me wonder what would happen if we offered every metric rider a free week on a Dyna....how may converts do you all think we'd get out of it? I think once they got on, felt the comfort, then the power and the handling that comes with it, they'd be loyal Hog riders for life.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:23 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Funny Observation - Crotch Rockets

Doubt there would too many converts. Bet they say the same thing about us. Have you ever ridden a crotch rocket? FUN!!! You may be right about the comfort but power and handling? That's what those thing are all about. A whole different league my friend. At best a few of them would say. "Yeah, I can see myself on one of these in 20 years or so.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

To me, and it's just my opinion, it would get old riding all hunched over like that for very long. Most of the sport bike rider's I've seen are considerably younger than myself, so they probably have no issue with it yet. And, as Ken said, maybe in 20 years, they'll discover what we know already about Harleys.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:58 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started off riding rockets, up until a couple months ago. I loved 'em. Fast, handle great, blast to ride!!! Oh yea, I couldn't ride more than about 30 minutes before my back and arms cramped up. Since you are leaning forward, all your upper body weight is resting on your wrists and hands on the bars. Cramps like you wouldn't believe, and so uncomfortable.

I purchased a Street Bob about 4 weeks ago, and have put 1,200 miles on it since. Most rides are around 200 miles a pop. So comfy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still like the rockets, but will probably never own one again. I enjoy the HD so much more.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM
xopher
Intermediate

Do we need to convert these to Harley. I dont think so. (In fact there is nothing worse than a convert)There is a lot of folks out there riding Harleys nowadays that should ***** off back to Jap bikes.
Bring back the old days when only real bikers rode Harley and dealers had sawdust on the floor not carpet.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:01 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

Blade, that avatar cracks me up!

Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 AM
TimDynaBob
Banned

Just an amusing observation I was making...didn't mean to get anyone's ire up!

I myself rode a rocket as my first real bike. It was an 82 CB750F Super Sport and it went like hell. Then I owned a Ninja 900 for awhile, but I had so many back problems that I had to sell it after just one season. The handling andthe power on both was amazing, but it was a different kind of power and handling than my present Harley....not better or worse, just different.

Yup I was much, much younger then and although the bike wasn't raked low like the newer models, it was low enough and still killed my arms and back after 20 minutes.

Like I said, just an amusing observation...

Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ckgdrums

Blade, that avatar cracks me up!
Thanks Chuck. I couldn't resist when I saw it!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:13 AM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

Doubt there would too many converts. Bet they say the same thing about us. Have you ever ridden a crotch rocket? FUN!!! You may be right about the comfort but power and handling? That's what those thing are all about. A whole different league my friend. At best a few of them would say. "Yeah, I can see myself on one of these in 20 years or so.
Tell me your secret on your vibrating photo !! it's so cool !!!!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:33 AM
AmericanIron
Advanced

I have both a Yamaha YZF-R6 and a Street Bob. I like both equally. The Bob is good for cruising around and the R6 is good for ripping around. The secret to riding a rocket is to support yourself with your back and abs. I can ride equally long on either bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Funny Observation - Crotch Rockets