Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

Welcome to HDForums.com!

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
CCPD CCPD is offline
Prospect
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 120
Default New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

I just picked up my 2007 FXDL yesterday (Yea Me!) and purchased the Harley smart alarm system with Siren II. I have the alarm system and siren installed and I have the TSSM married to the ECM and the bike starts and runs fine, but the alarm does not activate. Is the fob key that comes with the TSSM not assigned to it? Do I still need to go to a dealership to get the fob key assigned in order for the alarm to start arming? If anyone can shed light on this matter I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris
__________________
Semper Fi
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:28 PM
jimsreddyna's Avatar
jimsreddyna jimsreddyna is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fenton, MO
Posts: 355
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

When you turn off the ignition switch you should see the turn signals flash 2 times and the siren will chirp twice. The siren runs on it's own LI battery and on mine it took a few days of riding before the siren battery charged up enough to make the chirp. Watch for the front turn signals to flash a couple of seconds after you turn it off.
__________________
2009 Electraglide Classic (Red Hot Sunglo)
PCV Programmed by Fuel Moto, Jackpot Dyno Tuned Slash Up, SE Intake
Mustang 2 Pc W/Backrest, LP moved below taillight

Everyone was born with a photographic memory it's just that some people didn't get any film.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:51 PM
PoCoBob's Avatar
PoCoBob PoCoBob is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Port Coquitlam B.C.
Posts: 719
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

This is for an 06 but I would guess they would be the same.

Key FOB Assignment

1. Set run/off switch to Off
2. Turn Ign key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
3. Press LEFT turn switch 2 times and release
4. Press RIGHT turn switch 1 time and release
5. Press LEFT turn switch 1 time and release
6. Press and hold key FOB button until confirmation is received
7. If you have two key fobs, press and button on second key fob until confirmation is received
8. Turn IGN key off.

For the above to work you cannot have any gaps of more then 10 seconds between steps. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM
CCPD CCPD is offline
Prospect
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 120
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blaster

This is for an 06 but I would guess they would be the same.

Key FOB Assignment

1. Set run/off switch to Off
2. Turn Ign key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
3. Press LEFT turn switch 2 times and release
4. Press RIGHT turn switch 1 time and release
5. Press LEFT turn switch 1 time and release
6. Press and hold key FOB button until confirmation is received
7. If you have two key fobs, press and button on second key fob until confirmation is received
8. Turn IGN key off.

For the above to work you cannot have any gaps of more then 10 seconds between steps. Hope this helps.
Mine doesn't have the button for me to press as the alarm I have is the new smart alarm for the 07's.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jimsreddyna
When you turn off the ignition switch you should see the turn signals flash 2 times and the siren will chirp twice. The siren runs on it's own LI battery and on mine it took a few days of riding before the siren battery charged up enough to make the chirp. Watch for the front turn signals to flash a couple of seconds after you turn it off.
The turn signals do not flash when I turn the vehicle off and the red key light does not flash showing the bike is armed after I turn the ignition off and set the vehicle on its stand.
__________________
Semper Fi
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 PM
CCPD CCPD is offline
Prospect
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 120
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

I am thinking the alarm will not activate untill a key fob is assigned to it, but I am not certain of this. I would have thought the key fob that came with the TSSM would already have been assigned to it. If anyone has installed the new system for the 07's and can advise what they had to do to get the alarm system working I would appreciate it.
__________________
Semper Fi
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
WillieC WillieC is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 906
Send a message via Yahoo to WillieC
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

I have the same on my 07 and the siren cirps when it sets and un-sets but I have never
heard any other sound from it. If I move the bike with the FOB away from the bike the lights flash but no siren at all.

WillieC

[IMG]local://upfiles/3686/E54EC95E2F3F46328FFA1EFF8F9372C6.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
"Ride safe and respect all riders"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
OB1DYNA OB1DYNA is offline
New Guy
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 23
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

Chris,

Take a look at page 64 of your owners manual...it talks about the Siren Self-driven mode which has the same symptoms you are seeing. If while you are driving a red key is not showing up on your speedometer your security system has been programmed. It sounds like either the Siren is in Self Driven mode or your security system is not hooked up correctly. You can test the seceond by removing your key fob from the key chain and trying to start your bike (the security system should disarm the ignition w/out the FOB). If your bike does not start ensure the Siren is connected correctly and not in Self Driven Mode.

John
__________________
JOHN
'07 FXDL
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...aLowRider4.jpg]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-20-2007, 08:44 PM
CCPD CCPD is offline
Prospect
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 120
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: OB1DYNA

Chris,

Take a look at page 64 of your owners manual...it talks about the Siren Self-driven mode which has the same symptoms you are seeing. If while you are driving a red key is not showing up on your speedometer your security system has been programmed. It sounds like either the Siren is in Self Driven mode or your security system is not hooked up correctly. You can test the seceond by removing your key fob from the key chain and trying to start your bike (the security system should disarm the ignition w/out the FOB). If your bike does not start ensure the Siren is connected correctly and not in Self Driven Mode.

John
Yes, I looked that over, but the turn signals are not even flashing when I shut the bike down and park it. Also after I park it the red security light in the speedometer does not flash. It is almost as if I never installed the security system or siren. The bike would not start when I first put it in untill I married the TSSM to the ECM so I know it worked to that point.
__________________
Semper Fi
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Splatter's Avatar
Splatter Splatter is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Posts: 967
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

Are you saying that you installed the entire system (turn signal module and siren) yourself? If so, then you'll have to go to your dealer and have him associate the fob to the turn signal module. They have a special program called "Digital Technician" for doing that.
__________________
Motorcycle poseur since 1969.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 PM
OB1DYNA OB1DYNA is offline
New Guy
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 23
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

Chris,

If that is the case, no red key light when the bike is stopped, then you will need a dealer to program the Fob to the alarm system.

John
__________________
JOHN
'07 FXDL
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...aLowRider4.jpg]
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 PM
 
 
 
P
Reply

Tags
03, 07, 2007, alarm, assignment, davidson, disabling, dyna, fob, fxdl, harley, key, lowrider, smart, toset


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Sponsors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Internet Brands, Inc.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1