Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar risers

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:56 PM
MrCrewsn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebar risers

I just put on Street Bob handlebars on my superglide. Nice bars but I could use them about an inch or so higher. Especially after the tank lift I installed.
Are the stock risers measured from the triple clamp to the bar? Or does it include the material going through the triple clamp?
Any one use taller risers on a Dyna?
Thanks
Mike
06 FXD35

Old 09-04-2007, 05:10 AM
carltex
Road Warrior
Default RE: Handlebar risers

The measurement is from the top of the triple tree to the centerline of the bar. Stock should be 2". If you want more height you may want to go to 4" straight risers.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 AM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to put a set of these on: http://www.realhog.com/detail.cfm?mo...oduct_ID=19991
They lift the bars a couple more inches and back a tad ... much simpler than changing bars and cheap ... according to the feedback on here it should be fine with stock cables.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put 3" risers on my bob to get an extra inch in height as stock risers are 2". Got some nice domed ones with a bit of an old school look off ebay for around $30 with clamps and bolts (make sure you get coarse thread ones 1/2 x 13). They have individual top clamps so now debating about a new tach from Baron (harley tachometers - a forum sponsor) I got cheap to mount on the bars between the risers - should be a bit less obtrusive than the moco set-up. Sorry no pics yet, but like the height increase though not real noticeable - sorta subtle and easy install as stock cables worked fine and only needed to bend brake line a little.

Chip

Old 09-04-2007, 09:33 AM
MrCrewsn
6th Gear

Thanks guys. That's what I was looking for.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

if you are just looking for 1 or 2 in shoot me a PM i will explain how to make youself a set of risers for 5 bucks that work and look great!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:00 PM
JRK5892
Banned

here is a pic of what i made... super easy real cheap! 10k miles on them already!

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/16561DE3EC5243EB96A5F4E1A95374C2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 PM
JRK5892
Banned

it is just easier to post this than to keep sending it out... still let me know if you need help... yes i know i can not spell... let me know if i need to clearify....
ok... here is what you do:
first decide how all you want to go... pull the stock bolt that feeds up from the bottom of the tree and into the stock handlebar clamp... take that to home depot or the hardware store... get a 1 or 2 in longer HARDENED bolt that matches the same threads and demensions just longer... then pick up a box of fender washers that match the bolt (they should be around the size of a quarter or half dollar)... now take a walk over to plumbing and pick up a piece of chrome piping that matches the circumfrance of the washers (the piping that i used was the kind that is under sinks... thin and chrome, it does not bear weight it is just for looks).... last thing to get is a push chrome cap that fits the pipe. ooh ya and some lock tite
Now how to do it:
pull your bars and pull your stock bar clamps off... find the exact center of the push caps and drill that out to match the circumfrance of the new bolts you will be using... measure out how high you want to raise your bars, then just count out the number of washers it will take to acomplish the lift. after you know the amount of washers it will take measure the stack of washers (goes without saying but make sure both of your stacks have the same amount of washers)
cut your plumbing pipe to match the height of the washers, BEFORE CUTTING, put some packing tape around the area to be cut, this will prevent the chrome from flaking, after both peices are cut file down the rough edges and put it all together (use just a touch of marine grease on the washers to prevent any squeeking... just a touch) mine squeeked a bit but my dads and brothers never made a peep... just tighen it all down and there you go! 3 dollar risers! Here is a crude picture to give you a idea

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/482C4A6F7F26409F8C7EEE929603C00C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-04-2007, 05:40 PM
twofish
Road Master

Iā€™m thinking of going with 4 1/2ā€ tall(DS-290111) Straight Risers
from Drag Specialties if they will work on my 07 FXDB.
If my stock risers are 2ā€ the extra 2-1/2ā€ should be just right.
http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/15/268/3870749

Old 09-04-2007, 09:09 PM
bmack
6th Gear

MrCrewsen,

What did you have to do to put the street bob bars on? I've got 07 FXD I'm thinking about doing the same thing to. I'm mostly curious about wire/cable length. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Handlebar risers