Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low rider or Super glide?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:34 AM
dynafan68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low rider or Super glide?

I finally decided to get my very first Harley, Dyna is the most I love to have, and Low rider has been my favorite Harley!
This year when I look at the catalog, I don't really find the color I like in the Low rider range, but in Super guide...the sunset yellow pearl!
I do like the older graphic better on the tank! but I know i have to choose one, as I dont have extra go for custom color in the nearly future...
So I might pick the Low rider in White gold pearl, I don't want black, since I already own a black Jap bike!
In fact, can anyone tell me the different between Low rider and Super glide? i can see they are differ in some detail, are they both handling the same???
The local dealer tell me the Low rider cost more on the chrome finished! the rest is almost the same!
They both has a great Harley custom history...should I go to Super glide or Low rider?
Thanks and good ride

Old 09-22-2007, 08:42 AM
bikerdog134
Road Master
Default RE: Low rider or Super glide?

like the low rider myself test ride them both and see what feels best to you

Old 09-22-2007, 08:47 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I was ready to buy I had the same question as you did. I ended up going with the Super Glide Custom (FXDC).

I was in the same position as you. I went into the dealership with cash in hand and I still hadnt completely made up my mind between the Lowrider and the FXDC. I sat on both, then rode home on the FXDC. Seriously, take them for test rides if you can.

Be aware of thedifferences such as:

Mag wheelsvs Chrome spoked wheels,
speedo location,
tach or no tach,
WideTank on FXDC and FXDvs Lowridernon-wide tanketc...
Chrome on the FXDCand LR vs The FXD
Tank badge vs Painted insignia
Black Engine vs Silver Engine

You really can't make a bad decision here in my opinion.

For me it really was the fact that the Low Rider didn't have the Wide tankor the ChromeSpokes. Those were deal breakers for me. Not to mention it was over 2K more at the time, might be different now. That made my decision much easier.

Good luck with what ever bike you chose, they are great machines imho.

054/Tom

Tom

Old 09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Low rider for me...check 'em out, take a ride and make your decision.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:58 AM
dynafan68
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

When I was ready to buy I had the same question as you did. I ended up going with the Super Glide Custom (FXDC).

I was in the same position as you. I went into the dealership with cash in hand and I still hadnt completely made up my mind between the Lowrider and the FXDC. I sat on both, then rode home on the FXDC. Seriously, take them for test rides if you can.

Be aware of the differences such as:

Mag wheels vs Chrome spoked wheels,
speedo location,
tach or no tach,
Wide Tank on FXDC and FXD vs Lowrider non-wide tank etc...
Chrome on the FXDC and LR vs The FXD
Tank badge vs Painted insignia
Black Engine vs Silver Engine

You really can't make a bad decision here in my opinion.

For me it really was the fact that the Low Rider didn't have the Wide tank or the Chrome Spokes. Those were deal breakers for me. Not to mention it was over 2K more at the time, might be different now. That made my decision much easier.

Good luck with what ever bike you chose, they are great machines imho.

054/Tom

Tom
Does the tradition spoke wheel run better then the new 10 spoke one?( I'm lazy to clean up so many spokes...)[] is that black color finished on the engine durable?
Yha, I do love the Super glide badge and solid color...
I believed they both are great handling Harley, and I must take a good choice...

Old 09-22-2007, 08:58 AM
dynafan68
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 07 StreetBob

Low rider for me...check 'em out, take a ride and make your decision.
I was thinking of the street bob too...

Old 09-22-2007, 09:26 AM
BluRooster
Tourer

You can put the LR shocks on the other Dynas to lower the bike. They'll all ride the same...

You might try forward controls if you're over 5'6" tall or the jammed up riding position may kill ya.

The rest is all looks.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:30 AM
nobody1973
Intermediate

I would have to say the Low rider also. They are both great bikes so really you can't go wrong with either one.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:32 AM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my Girl the Low Rider for her Birfday in July. At first she wated the Super Glide sans the chrome, but I talked her into either the LR or Custom. We chose the Custom, cause she has had it with cleaning spoked wheels. Also, we do a lot of X-country and ya can't plug a spoke wheel on the bike. Cast wheels are the way to go IMO.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:44 AM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Follow the advice on the posts above. If you're over 6', you probably won't like the Low Rider, even with forward controls. I love mine cuz I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam and weigh 160. I can stand upflat footed and have about a 2" clearance to the seat under my a$$ without fear of dropping the bike. I have found no problem cleaning the spoked wheels, but they're right on the tubes. I think the smooth wheel option is a tubeless - could be wrong on that, but I really like the spoke look and will be going to nitrogen instead of air in the tubes. It leaks out slower than air, so you get a couple of extra seconds to shut down. Roadside repairs are possible, but a real PIA compared to plugging. One consideration is, do you carry a pump of some sort. Neither of these is a touring bike and carry on space is limited compared to a real bagger.
Enjoy what ever you get & ride safe.

Quick Reply: Low rider or Super glide?