Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black out kit on 2007 SG

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 AM
mbsutherland1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black out kit on 2007 SG

does anyone know of an online vendor that sells a blackout kit for Dynas? Like the chrome kit that Harley sells with the outer primary cover, rocker covers, derby cover, transmission cover, etc., only in black. Basically the same thing the Bob has. I really dig the blacked out look with a little chrome sprinkled in here and there... have seen a few here in the forum. Any help would be appreciated. Have to purchase on line as I live overseas and would be lost without online shopping. Thanks again!!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Limey
Tourer
Default RE: Black out kit on 2007 SG

If the parts are the same as an 06 Bob I'll swap you my black ones for your chrome ones. I live in the UK, where are you?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 AM
mbsutherland1
6th Gear

Mine aren't chrome... they are gray... I can't figure out how to upload pictures on this forum. Just look at the stock setup on an 07 Super Glide (not the Custom) and that's what I've got. I live in South Korea.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another one coming to the Darkside!

Thought about having it powdercoated?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:30 AM
mbsutherland1
6th Gear

Being in South Korea, don't know if I can find a reputable powder-coater. I know a guy that does body work and paint, and he did a great job on my friend's Fat Boy, so maybe I could ask him. I'm surprised that Harley doesn't sell this kit like they sell the chrome kit.
My bike is Pewter and I'm thinking of having it painted flat black, like the Street Bob option. I know... I should have just gotten the Bob to begin with, but purchasing through the Army/Air Force Exchange Service, they had limited stock. Bobs were all sold out.
My goal is a little chrome and a s**tload of black. That is the present plan.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

you can buy the bob parts but isnt your motor is silver? dont know how that will look

Old 10-05-2007, 09:03 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mbsutherland1

Being in South Korea, don't know if I can find a reputable powder-coater. I know a guy that does body work and paint, and he did a great job on my friend's Fat Boy, so maybe I could ask him. I'm surprised that Harley doesn't sell this kit like they sell the chrome kit.
My bike is Pewter and I'm thinking of having it painted flat black, like the Street Bob option. I know... I should have just gotten the Bob to begin with, but purchasing through the Army/Air Force Exchange Service, they had limited stock. Bobs were all sold out.
Holy crap! I also have a pewter super glide that I bought through aafes. I also wanted a flat black bob but couldn't get one. Should've just went to a dealer once I got stateside. I was in Kunsan AB. Where are you at?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mbsutherland1

Sounds like a great plan to me. Polishing all that chrome cuts into the riding time

Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM
mbsutherland1
6th Gear

I'm at Osan.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:05 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Just order the Bob parts. I started this project a few months ago and still have a ways to go. Currently I do not believe there are any "black out" kits availible, most guys are into chrome.

Most of the stock parts are relatively cheap with the exception of the inner primary which will run you aroun 300 bucks.

I personally like the wrinkle black contrast against the silver motor. Gives it a distinct look to say the least.

Quick Reply: Black out kit on 2007 SG