Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1000 mile self service VOID warranty????

Old 10-13-2007, 03:54 PM
ohdservice
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1000 mile self service VOID warranty????

If anyone indicated that your warranty was void I apologize. I would like to know more details of this as this is NOT sop at Orlando Harley.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:33 PM
hondo96inch
Cruiser

Salesman at Topeka hd told memy 5k service on my new 08 had to be done by them to keep my warranty. I didn't argue but it ain't gonna happen.

Though he didn't give a damn about whether I did the first service.

Imo some guys at dealerships are so used to spewing crap to sheeple that they forget some of us know better...

Old 10-15-2007, 09:50 AM
dynadiver
Cruiser

What exactly would you like to know about the incident? I had called and talked to one of the service people, I am sorry but I don't recall what his name was, about having it done. Was quoted a price of, I think, $359 to have it done.(SEMINOLE HD quoted me$304 for the service) I asked what all was done and he gave me a list of items. I asked if there was anything special I needed to knwo about this bike as I have always serviced my own and didnt hear anything in the list that made me think I should have to bring it in and spend the extra money. He said if the dealer didnt do the service it would void my warranty as the 1000 mile was the most important one. On that note I called Seminole harley and asked them and was told just the opposite. If I did it myself just to keep the reciepts and a log of what was done just incase any issues ever arose where I needed warranty work.
So far I have been less than pleased with ANY dealings with your company. Everytime I call or come in for parts it seems they are not in stock or, as in a case last week, I came in to get my oil/filter/owners manual-WHICH I THINK I SHOULDVE GOTTEN WHEN I PURCHASED THE BIKE ANYWAY!!-was charged for the whole thing and then the parts guy hands me my stuff and says the manual should be in about a week. DIDNT EVEN TELL ME HE DIDNT HAVE IT IN STOCK just that it would be in later after he charged me for it. I wouldnt have cared at all if he had just told me it had to be ordered.
Every time I call with a question about service it seems that someone tells me I should just bring it in as if I can't do most of the stuff myself. If I just have a minor question, it seems that your people feel I am wasting thier time and talk to me like I am a dumbass or something. The only 2 people in the whole organization I have dealt with so far that seem to actually appreciate customers and treat them right are Ozzyand Bo at the East store. So far everyone at the I-4 store has been downright rude or seemed very lazy or GIVEN ME THE WRONG info(like the warranty issue)
Since I have bought the bike I have had numerous people refer me to Seminole Harley for parts and service. Even though most of these people reffering BOUGHT THIER BIKE FROM YOU GUYS!!!
I REALLY hope you guys get these issues fixed as your company is the most convenient for me(and lots of other people) but if not, I dont mind driving to Seminole to do the rest of my dealings. As I am sure lots of other people dont/wont mind either.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
xmeter
Tourer

You have to give them credit for coming on the forum and offering an apology.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
dynadiver
Cruiser

I do, but, their people shouldnt be giving out the wrong info in the first place. Another thing I forgot to mention in my post was that I WAS LIED TO ABOUT THE FACTORY WARRANTY REMAINING ON MY BIKE at time of purchase. This bike was "used" when I got it. '07 model with 600 miles on it. Was told that the original purchaser bought it six months ago and had some fin. diff. so had to sell it back to them. Turns out original in service date was AUGUST 2006!!!!!!! Not march or April as I was told when I bought the bike!! Now, I know this is MY fault since I didnt make them give me something saying when the orig. date of purchase was but I didnt think I woudl get lied to about it.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:41 PM
dynadiver
Cruiser

Still havent heard any reply from OHDSERVICE about this yet.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: seaox

Read your manual-It tells you what you can do to keep warantee. It states you DO NOT NEED DEALER. Most ??? here can be answered in the manual.
Hey seaox (or anyone else) ... can you quote where in the manual it says that ... i'm not so comfortable with the consumer law here in Europe but if I can avoid the dealer for the next service i'll be very happy ! the manual saying that would do it.
Mat

Old 10-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Rodent
Road Master

Try emailing them and let them know you want to debate on line, so maybe we could ask them some questions. I like to hear what they have to say.
Unknowledgeable employees at Harley shops are quite too common.
I called Wolverine Harley trying to get some air shock air line. Thanks to Harley, you can only buy it in a 25' roll for $17.00.
Oh what the hell, I need it. The girl behind the counter tries telling me they don't sell it to customers. It's only used for the service department. I couldn't buy it. I told the girl that every other HD shop will sell me a roll. She says..........Let me check............wait..........wait.........wait.. ............finally she gets back on line and says she can sell me the roll. DUUUHHHH.
Some of these shops better start cleaning their gene pool before it's too late.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
dynadiver
Cruiser

I already sent this guy an email. No response yet. Not worried about debating it online just dont think they should be giving out the wrong info like that. Orlando HD should def. educate thier employees better. Might try a little better customer service too!! I think I'll just take my biz to Seminole Harley from now on.(Along with about 8 of my friends two of which are about to buy NEW bikes!)

Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
jnogreen
Cruiser

My 1000 mile service was FREE........... from the Dealer......... But I dont trust them to check sh*t,..............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1000 mile self service VOID warranty????