Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob, Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fat Bob, Street Bob

Different stokes for different folks - Go put 11" Progressive shocks and springs on a street bob and it'll run rings around a fatty bobby - harley shocks suck. Stopping, well, that's another matter, but you can always change out the street bob's pads for Lyndall Racing Pads for cheap money and stop on a dime. Can't believe a different size tire is gonna be all that noticeable on either bobs in stock configuration.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
marcusg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice bike Evo. Love the paint job.

Marcusg

ORIGINAL: EVO80

Just my opinion, but personally, I really doubt you'd find much of a difference between the two. They both have the same rake and trailin the front end and use the same frame and suspension. I think you'd be hard pressed to feel much difference in the real world due to the different sized tires.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 PM
jeb_cfl
Tourer

Looking at the spec's from the Harley website it say's
Street Bob:

Brakes

4-piston front and 2-piston torque-free floating rear caliper

Lean Angle (per SAEJ1168)

31.0°/30.5°

Exhaust System

Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust w/ dual mufflers
Fat BoB:

Brakes

4-piston front and 2-piston torque-free rear caliper

Lean Angle (per SAEJ1168)

31.0°/30.0°

Exhaust System

Chrome, 2-1-2 collector exhaust w/ dual mufflers

Old 10-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Yeah I see that it doesn't say dual front disc brakes, you can go back to the site and look at pics of the bikes and SEE that the Fat Bob has dual disc and Street Bob is single.
You could put your racing pads in the Fat Bob and stop on5 cents, since you have twice the front brakes. When I rode the stock Street Bob it was taking something like a buck and a quarter..........

Gilly

Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

Surprised no one has caught the fact that the Fat Bob weighs 30 Lbs. more.....

That alone will have an affect on handling, plus the different seat and bars will change how the bike feels, Forward controls are on all the Fat Bob's I've seen so far too.

Only way to tell for sure is to ride both of them, which I plan on doing soon.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

HEY just go on a DIET OK???? hehheheh, J/K Sure the weight is higher, I'm surprised it's not more than that, with the extra caliper and rotor, not sure about how much the rear fender would add, may even be lighter, PLUS like I mentioned the longer seat and rear pegs. The seating position is my biggest concern. You can get forwards or midpegs for the same price, I think this is unique to the Fat Bob, no one else seems to remember having a no-cost option like that, either-or.
Yeah that's my big news for the week, going to ride an fxdf on Wednesday!! Has forwards, just like I was hoping.
Gilly

Old 10-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on, they will be pretty much the same. The biggest thing you can do if you want to keep the handing up would be to leave the mid-pegs in the SB or order the FB with mids rather than forwards. It seems funny to talk about lean angles, tire size, ect when most of you will throw that all out the winder and slap some forward controls on there. Yes I know some of youg grind those forwards, but IMHO, all other things being more or less equal, getting comfy on the mids will make the biggest difference. I think we can all agree that the Dyna family is the best handing of the big V-Twins, and that the differences are pretty minor the way these things come stock. Just my $.02.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Here's a pic with one with mids, they DO exist!
http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newb...ion-FR-3-4.htm

Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

I like em both, the Street Bob I saw at the WI State Fair is what got me seriously interested in a Harley, and I did ride one and liked it, but I seemed a bit cramped with the stock mid pegs, which I know can be swapped out. I kinda liked the mini-apes. The Fat Bob will be a bit of a change in bars, and I can then try out forwards, I don't know if I've ever ridden a bike with forwards (I ride alot of stuff). I've just looked at both of these bike upside down and inside out and I really think I'll end up with a Fat Bob, even if I have to change the bars to something more like a mini-ape. Anything anyone has ever squawked about on the Fat Bob I like (like the rear fender and headlights), and I'd really rather have a tubeless tire, although I do like the looks of a wire spoked rim.
Gilly

Old 10-22-2007, 06:43 PM
jeb_cfl
Tourer

I see what U R talking about on the site, dual front breaks are on the bike. I don't know if theres on of those disclosures about bike may have accy's or not but it isn't listed in the specs.

As for the 2 bikes I like the looks of the Fat Bob better than the Street, but I like the feel of the Street Bob. I sit lower on the Street and comfort is important. I have considered changing the tail to bobbed. That's the thing I like most on the Fat.

Also to the poster with the JD cover, thanks for the info I'll check out JP cycles

Quick Reply: Fat Bob, Street Bob